• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share For Review - scrolling bug with large document

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've designed a large document (~450 pages) and when a user scrolls through the pages too quickly in Share For Review we encounter a bug with the scrolling. The scroller begins looping from top to bottom of the scroll bar and no pages have time to render. It seems like it's trying to render all the pages it scrolled through at once so it can't render anything.

We didn't notice this when we reviewed smaller layouts and the bug can be avoided by (1) scrolling slowly enough to let the app render pages along the way or (2) entering a page number to jump to a page. I read a few other community posts that suggest some performance issues with rendering, so I'm guessing this is related.

Jeremy

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeremy,

best do a video of the issue plus a bug report at InDesign UserVoice with a link to the video where the issue is visible.

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Uwe,

I cannot share a video of the issue due to the content in it. But I am having the same problem. It when you have a lot of comments and you try to scroll down the page will continually jump around and place you near the top again. its like it is scrolling through the comments (even though I am scrolling though the page) and then shoots you back up to the top. Very frustrating for clients trying to comment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleagues have this same issue. I also can't share as our content his protected. I also didn't find this issue in the in the known bug links provided. Does anyone have any information about this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & InDesign? Do you see this behavior while working on a specific file? 

A small video of the workflow would help us understand the issue better and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

I can share a video showing the bug. 

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPnRC_gf-ESJ9jv0XhtdhWFM7gHLdBDmJTWdEFVz17VWSEX0GUJNC5GichPA8Ep... 

It appears you scroll in a document, and reach pages too fast. 

The document size does not seem to matter but maybe the complexity of the document. 

The example here is a document with relatively many images, but not excessive, it is most text (it is a rulebook for a boardgame. It is not very long (15 spreads) and does have a bunch of comments but not a lot (about 30)

In the video I scroll a few spreads down and then does nothing, it loops into an endles jumping back and forth. 

It is annoying and slows down work flow since you have to be carefull when you scroll all the time. 

It does not matter if you slowly scrolled through the document once, it can still appear. 

And it is extra prpblöematic to explain to external reviewers of a document. 

It appears on both windows and Mac systems for us, this video was taken on a computer with the following spec.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit,  i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz, RAM 32,0 GB, 2 HDD 1TB & 8 TB, 3 displays on a GTX1060 &GB

Bug fix or at least a good workaround advice would be much appreciated

/Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the video, Jon. Let me share it with product team. We'll get back to you. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for us. If we're not extremely careful in scrolling, the bug appears and hyper-scrolls through the document.  iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020), also on my colleagues Macbook Pro, both running Chrome Version 94.0.4606.71 (Official Build) (x86_64).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for us. Happens on all of our different devices: Mac and Windows - on Chrome, Safari and Firefox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, same, same. This is forum of users. There is no any real Adobe support here as bug-adding, bug-tracking. Guys, where is your bug on indesign.uservoice.com ? Did you read Uwe? He says it about in the first answer!

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well. Was a solution ever found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would the Adobe guy not get back to us? Having this propbelm a year later... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with 32 spreads and 0 comments.

I discovered that switching tabs for a bit and then returning stops the jumping long enough to continue where I left off. It's not a fix, but it makes it serviceable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attn: @Ashutosh_Mishra and @Vivek12. This is an older thread with no posted solution. @Saintkevin posted on May 13, 2022 to say the problem still exists. There may be additional threads for this same issue; please combine if possible. Thank you!

I can duplicate this with my 52-page test document. See video attached. (Windows 10 Pro, Brave browser, InDesign v 17.2.1 x64). You can test my public document at this link:

https://assets.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:US:c11d07c3-f70c-48f4-b29d-6739977c0bdc?view=published

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to link things, I reported this problem a few days ago, on a client's behalf. He's quite technically adept and has multiple platforms on which to test the document, and the spastic scrolling bug persists across all of them. Very large doc, 400+ pages.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of 20 May 2022, this is still an active problem that occurs on multiple browsers and on both windows and apple operating systems.  Being able to scroll through a document is the bare minimum for functionality and it is still broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can support please provide a status update on this bug? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is users forum. Usually, there are no here any support employees. You can ask Adobe Support Chat about it. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue was corrected in late May. Please post or reach out to me directly if you find otherwise. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines