• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shift and Option key stopped working on Indesign 2020

Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i am using the german version of indesign CC 2020 and the shift and option keys don't work anymore. I have this problem only in Indesign. I need them for proportional scaling and so on.

I have the same problem with old versions and after a reinstall.

Can someone help me please?

Best regards 

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble, I would request if you can share a few more details and try the steps below:

1. The exact version of the Operating System and InDesign.
  2. Please close all the applications and reboot and only launch InDesign and then check if it is working.
  3. Do you have an application by the name Webroot? If yes, please turn it off and check again.
  4. If nothing helps, you can try resetting the preferences by following the steps suggested here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble, I would request if you can share a few more details and try the steps below:

1. The exact version of the Operating System and InDesign.
  2. Please close all the applications and reboot and only launch InDesign and then check if it is working.
  3. Do you have an application by the name Webroot? If yes, please turn it off and check again.
  4. If nothing helps, you can try resetting the preferences by following the steps suggested here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html 

Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rishabh,

thank you for the help. I could solve the problem.

Best regards 

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should f**king stop blaming other programs. Just f**king fix the bug! If illustrator has no problem at the same time when InDesign becomes absolutely useless (with broken option and shift key) then there is no excuse to blaming on other programs. It is clearly an Indesign problem. Stop keep tell your paid user to find walk around, relaunch and reboot every time the stupid bug appear. Fix you sh*t Adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problems - proportional scaling suddenly stopped working. Then I realized that it was a while since I restarted my machine, and that did the trick. It obviously takes som memory/ram to do this maneuvre - so if you use a lot of heavy software at the same time, then I guess your machine need a caring "reboot" and will pay you back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines