• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show the distance between layers (hotkey)

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there any hotkey by holding which I can see the distance to other elements? Where can I enable it?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the "Lückenwerkzeug" (spacing tool), does that work for you?
Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-28 um 10.57.17.png

When you hoover over your space_between, the black arrow appears to fiddle with the space. If you just click, you can see the distance in value.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-28 um 10.56.56.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. Not really what I was expecting actually, thought there is already in CC 2018 function like in Sketch App, when you simply hold one key (Alt) and hover a layer and the grids show the distance. Very simply and useful. Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 11.17.32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The gap tool is all there is. If you're looking for more, you can make your request here: Adobe InDesign Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I would be better at scripting, I could dish out some code for you, just doing math with the bounds of the selected objects. But maybe someone can hand in a snippet for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Press "K" that brings up the measure tool which is pretty easy to use?!

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 13.51.16.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines