• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Side by side numbering - Translation Text

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm working on a book with a Hebrew to Latin text, and I was requested to set the same numbering for each facing pages, like 1:1, 2:2, 3:3. I tried to insert it like an A:A inside my master but it's not working. How can I do that?

Arye21761053dxw0_0-1658206333083.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

I suppose that this is text from the Bible, Latin Vulgata on the left and Hebrew on the right.

I do not understand what the numbering is? The same passage in Latin uses much less space as the Hebrew text. In the image you show us a transcription of the Hebrew text to latin letters, not Latin itself.

On the master should not be anything which belongs to the content. 

I think you want to get it synchronized. There must be done some workarounds on a spread.

It is not ideal, but I would start like t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose that this is text from the Bible, Latin Vulgata on the left and Hebrew on the right.

I do not understand what the numbering is? The same passage in Latin uses much less space as the Hebrew text. In the image you show us a transcription of the Hebrew text to latin letters, not Latin itself.

On the master should not be anything which belongs to the content. 

I think you want to get it synchronized. There must be done some workarounds on a spread.

It is not ideal, but I would start like this:

1. Set uo 2 documents: 1 in the size of your pages and with page number placeholder on the master. The other in the size of the spread, no page numbers.
  2. Work on the 2nd document. Create guide lines, where the colums end.
  3. Create a 3 column table, latin—empty for the spine—Hebrew and insert the content.
  4. Place that document into the other document.

Work with an ME enabled InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willi!

It's supposed to make the original on the right and the translation and transliteration on the left. I understood what you said but is there any way to make it easy to fix? I've tried to create a master like "A" and "A" facing together but it doesn't work or seems not possible. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a picture that a book that does depict exactly what I'd like to make, it should be like that (look that there is 319 in both pages, that is what I want to do in my project)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines