• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some fonts unavailable in InDesign, but working in other programs

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few fonts which previously worked in InDesign that are no longer appearing here. They neither show up in the font list or in a document that was already using the fonts. The really weird thing is that they still work in every other software I've tried (Photoshop, Illustrator, Word).

I normally use the font manager FontBase, but in case it was causing the problem, I tried uninstalling it and installing fonts the old fashioned way in Windows, but I get the exact same results. Some fonts simply do not appear in InDesign.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling InDesign, FontBase and the fonts in question. In case the problematic fonts were corrupted, I even tried installing a new font, but the same thing happens with this one.

I did a bit more troubleshooting based on suggestions on other support forums:

• Clearing my font cache
  • Copying the fonts into InDesign's own fonts folder
  • Some users fixed the problem by activating a random font in Adobe fonts while InDesign was closed and on reopening the missing fonts were present. The random font I activated here showed up, but none of the ones I'm having issues with were back.

Nothing seems to work and I'm out of ideas on what to try. This is quite problematic as I can't even seem to install a similar font to replace the ones that aren't showing up. How do I fix this issue?

I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit (up-to-date), using InDesign 2022 (17.2) if that helps.

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Hi All,

We appreciate your patience. The issue is fixed with the latest InDesign version (17.2.1). Please update InDesign to the latest version and see if that helps. 

If you still experience the issue on the 17.2.1 version, then please try resetting the preferences. It will fix the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sja_odin,

the solution that worked for some:

Go back to InDesign 17.1 or InDesign 17.0.1.

Some say one should go back to 16.4.1, but I hope, that is not necessary for you.

You said:
"I normally use the font manager FontBase, but in case it was causing the problem, I tried uninstalling it and installing fonts the old fashioned way in Windows, but I get the exact same results. Some fonts simply do not appear in InDesign."

Hm. Did you install the font for All Users?

Or only for one particular user?

Try All Users.

Please vote for fixing the bug at InDesign UserVoice:

installed font missing InDesign 17.2 macOS 12.3 (Monterey) and macOS Catalina
Tom Moulaert, Mar 29, 2022
https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/44970238-installed-font...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting to 17.0.1 did the trick (I didn't try 17.1), thank you so much. I've wasted so many hours trying to solve this.

As far as I understand, I had deleted the fonts for all users since I simply deleted them from Windows/Fonts.

While I waited for help, I also tried re-creating the Adobe font list files by running a search for "Adobefnt*.lst" on my machine and deling all the results, without any luck. Just wanted to mention it here in case it helps anyone else.

Thanks again, I'm so relieved to have fixed this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is Adobe going to actually to acknowledge the issue and do something about it? Asking for a friend...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh. And restart your machine.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Queja_ @AuroraPenticton,

We are sorry for the trouble. We are able to replicate the issue at our end with multiple fonts on v17.2 & in some instances, on v17.1 as well. We have logged a bug a with the product team last week, and they are currently investigating the issue.

I would request you to upvote this UserVoice (https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/44970238-installed-font...) if not done already. By doing this, you will keep on getting updates related to this issue.

Also, if possible, please share the download link to the fonts which are not showing up in Indesign here or via DM with me.

In the meantime, you may install the older version of Indesign v17.0.1 until this issue gets fixed.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, done. Here's the one I tried to replace the fonts I was intially having trouble with and didn't end up working either, Unicons:

https://web3canvas.com/item/unicons-free-icon-font/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the link to the font @sja_odin. Until the fix gets released, you may keep on using the InDesign v17.0.1.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

We appreciate your patience. The issue is fixed with the latest InDesign version (17.2.1). Please update InDesign to the latest version and see if that helps. 

If you still experience the issue on the 17.2.1 version, then please try resetting the preferences. It will fix the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines