• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Source Serif 4 Display causing problems with paragraph styles

Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a document using Source Serif 4 Regular for body text, and Source Sans Pro for captions and headings. Today I decided to try out Source Serif 4 Display for top-level headings, and activated the 12 fonts. I ended up using Semibold Italic for the headings, and created a paragraph style for it.

From then on, every time I applied the body text paragraph style, the text would be in Semibold Italic instead of Regular, and any changes I did in the Paragraph style options for the two styles using Source Serif 4 would not preview, and would not affect the text after clicking OK. I was able to change the font manually using the Control panel.

Styles using Source Sans Pro were unaffected, and worked properly.

I did the usual troubleshooting – exporting to IDML, resetting preferences (deleted InDesign Defaults and Saved Data), restarted my computer, but to no avail.

I began to suspect that something was wrong with the Source Serif 4 Display fonts, so I deactivated all of them except for Semibold Italic, and that did the trick.

I'm still not sure if the fonts are causing the problem, or if it's an InDesign bug.

Using ID 17.1 on Windows 10.

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out that the same thing is happening to new paragraph style using Source Sans Pro, so I'll try going  back to ID 17.01. I updated to 17.1 today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No change with 17.01.

It also seems that most paragraph style settings work and are previewed, except Font Style.

I thought the problem might be that I had Source Sans Pro installed locally, so I uninstalled it.

InDesign activated all the SSP fonts when I opened the document, but the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines