• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spanish Keyboard Shortcuts

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Spanish keyboard in Mexico. Many of the ID shortcuts don't work with the same keys. Is there a chart of Spanish keyboard shortcuts?

I posted this a couple of years ago and was told that there was such a thread, but that thread does not seem to exist.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you posted the same in 2017 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/spanish-keyboard-shortcut-duplicate-locked/m-p/8...

but i noticed that the thread already is not exit anymore.

may this will help

https://www.graphic-design-employment.com/accent-marks.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that's not what I'm after. A Spanish keyboard has all those accent marks already encoded.

No, it's the long list of keyboard shortcuts that InDesign allows that I need. Non-alph-numeral characters are laid out differently from those on an English keyboard, so many of the shortcuts don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the ones I use the most using ALT and the numeric keypad. But I'm using an English keyboard.

ALT+164 = ñ

ALT+160 = á

ALT+130 = é

ALT+161 = í

ALT+162 = ó

ALT+163 = ú

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola,

The keyboard shortcuts are basically the same in all latin-based keyboards, as far as I know. Any difference you find must be between versions or, perhaps, you are using a customised shortcuts set (not very difficult to make anyway).

https://helpx.adobe.com/es/indesign/using/default-keyboard-shortcuts.html 

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/default-keyboard-shortcuts.html

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Guggsm.

Unfortunately, the keyboards are not all the same. My Spanish keyboard has a number of non-alpha-numeric symbols on different keys from an American keyboard.

So, for example, the shortcut to increase font size, Com-Sh->, on the Spanish keyboard is Com-Sh-. (period)

Cheers,

Jer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yep,  know. I am using a Spanish keyboard (posting and working from Madrid, Spain). 

I have exported this set from my InDesign (Spanish 17.01, the latest version). See if using it changes or mends anything. However the forum system won't allow me to post it here.

contact me at imagen.digital.master in the google mail thing if you want it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sí, muchas gracias. Me gustaría tener tu juego.

¿Me lo puedes enviar por email? jerry@engelbachdesign.com

Cheers,

Jer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent.

Hope it helps

Gustavo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Muchisimas gracias.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines