Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spell checker keeps on going to another language

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My spell checker keeps changing to UK verses my selected US English.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Hi Dave,

In addition to Lucien's response. I would also request you to please go through this tutorial for a better understanding of Spell-check and language dictionaries in InDesign

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What app, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using InDesign CC 2015 version. I can not keep my spell check on US English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Adobe Creative Cloud​ to InDesign​.

The language selection of the paragraph specifies the language to use by the spellchecker. The language is a property that can be set with a style. Setting to the wrong language not only impacts the spell checker, but also the smart quotes and hyphenation.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

In addition to Lucien's response. I would also request you to please go through this tutorial for a better understanding of Spell-check and language dictionaries in InDesign

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Srishti,

The language setting in InDesign will not stay in English US across text boxes and character style and switch to English UK and even Spanish at times.  Not sure how it happened but I want to make ALL character and paragraph styles in the whole document English US in a quick way.   

Currently,  I'm running Spell check and each time the language changes I stop and fix it manually.   This is tedious.  How do I change everything to English US over this whole document and other documents?

I've reviewed the tutorial link above and have not found a quick solution.  Please help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @allen25176995k2is , Language is a character property—each character in a paragraph or document could be assigned a different language. The easiest way to uniformly set a document to a single language is via scripting. You can try this javascript, which sets all of the document’s texts, tables, and styles to the chosen language:

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/98453a4b-80c7-49d0-7702-e507d8404479

Dialog:

Screen Shot 22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines