Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SPELLING LANGUAGE DOES NOT CHANGE FROM ENGLISH TO GREEK

New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all!

I really need some help to see how to be able to check the spelling in my files when in Greek.

The problem is that even if I have chosen the greek dictionary from the preferences menu,

M24492617tfwg_3-1653407912288.png

when I try to check the spelling of a text (Ctrl I), the language appears in English USA.

As a result, all of my words appear wrong, just because they are not in english. There is only one spelling mistake in the following text.  

M24492617tfwg_0-1653407689555.png

M24492617tfwg_5-1653408161428.png

I tried to click on "Language" where there are 2 options, "All languages" and English: USA, but nothing really changes if I pick All languages.  

M24492617tfwg_2-1653407715667.png

Again from the preferences menu, you can see that the Autocorrect is set to Greek.

M24492617tfwg_4-1653408032571.png

Thank you in advance for the help! I will really appreciate it to find a solution to that 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The dictionary preferences have nothing to do with the text language. The preferences choose only which dictionary is used for each language. When you want to make changes of the languages, you have to do it in the extended character properties. These are found in the Paragaph and Character Styles. Use the Paragraph Style for whole paragraphs, use the character style for exceptions in a paragraph, for language, but not only, all properties can be saved in these styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines