• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Start Menu

Advocate ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to get the 'Start' menu up every time I open a file?

I know lots of people hate the thing, but i like the visual thumbnails as a good way to find recent projects.

The bit that frustrates me is that if Adobe think this is the best way to choose either to start a new doc or find a recent doc, why does it only show you this page once? You have to close all pages to use it. 

With all design decisions, i tend to feel Its either the best way to do it or it isn't, so they should have some conviction one way or the other, and either offer it up every time i want a new/recent doc or never at all?

Anyway, id really like to use it all the time if anyone knows how,,,,

I added 'start' as a palette at one point (either in .ai or .indd cant remember which), but it didn't work well, and bunched all the there pallets across the screen to use it.

is there a check box somewhere or a preference i can edit....?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

That's not currently a feature in the application. You can make a feature request here:

Feature Requests/Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the top of General preferences:

InDesign CC109.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not the correct answer you have given yourself there Steve! That basically forms part of the original question.

I essentially want a checkbox that says 'Show start menu every time i choose "Open..." or "New..." from the menu'.

I don't see why Adobe only assumes you'd want it when there are no documents open? its either a good way to choose a recent/new doc or its not. Its surely not only a good way to do it in the absence of any other documents. They obviously realise we want more thane doc open at a time or they wouldn't have tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not currently a feature in the application. You can make a feature request here:

Feature Requests/Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve, I can't edit out my 2nd post / reply about you marking as correct for some reason,

I don't think i've ever seen the 'Correct' button before and i assumed you'd marked it. I'll make a feature request though.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines