• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Start Workspace: Recent Documents

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this morning, when I open my Indesign CC 2019 today, the recent file screen endlessly tries to load but doesn't succeed.

I know I can disable the function and crack on but it's a handy page. Help!

001.jpg

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Robert - I'd tried and failed with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Robert - I'd tried and failed with that.

By @Gummo Marx

What do you mean "failed" - doesn't help?

Then maybe you need to use CC Cleaner?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meaning the prefs were trashed without successfully fixing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Gummo Marx,

We are sorry to hear you are unable to launch InDesign. Would you mind updating InDesign to the current version (19.4) from the Creative Cloud Desktop app and then trying to relaunch InDesign?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to launch and use InDesign - it's just that the recent file gallery (with the thumbnails) doesn't appear any more.

I'd prefer to fix the issue first before moving up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Gummo Marx:

If the upgrade doesn't solve it, please tell us exactly how you reset preferences. There are a few different options and knowing what you have done so far will help us help you. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to fix this before moving up, for my own curiosity - when I have software that I've used for ages doing something untoward, I'd like to know what event may have caused it, particularly if there's a potential issue on my PC beyond the realms of InDesign.

I reset the prefs using Ctrl+Shift+Alt when hitting the shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Gummo Marx:

Did you see a variation of this dialog box after you launched InDesign? The timing is tricky—if this box didn't open, then the preferences were not reset. 

2024-04-25_08-18-45.png

You haven't told us what version you are on yet—InDesign 19.3 and 19.4 make this much easier – you can choose Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit. 

Both the keyboard-on-launch option and the new Reset Prefereces on Quit only remove some of the potentially problematic files/folders. If this first level approach doesn't work, you can read the link Robert posted, or a similar one here: https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Barb: 14.0.3

I followed all those tips - issue still there.

001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Gummo Marx:

So 2019. There were a few patches released for 14 after yours, but I don't think you will be able to access them at this point. Is there a reason you are using an old version of InDesign? 

Depending on your computer specs, upgrading will likely take care of this, but proceed with caution — if you remove v14 or 2019, you will not be able to reinstall it. Adobe only makes the current version (v 19 or 2024) and the previous version (v 18 or 2023) available for download through the CC Desktop app.  If you decide to install a current version, be sure to watch the prompts carefully  and disable Remove Prrevious Version as well as Import Preferences from Previous Versions.

If you want to continue on this version, I just want to make sure that you removed all of the files noted at the bottom of the post I linked to. If the answer is yes, then I suspect the upgrade will be required. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Barb.

Thank you so much for your important info , time and patience.

Gummo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines