• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Step and Repeat Errors

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use step and repeat to quickly build a grid with specific sizes in between frames. 

Every time i use step and repeat command and select 'Create as grid' the grid is created with a duplicate of the frames ontop of each other. 

To clarify the grid is built correctly but there is a double of each grid frame.

See attached photos

Guidovanhelten_0-1682693328479.png

Guidovanhelten_1-1682693394244.png

Very annoying!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Guidovanhelten , Just to clarify, are you starting with a single object selected?

Screen Shot 1.pngScreen Shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no because i wanted the grid to be created using the same spacing as between the first two frames. 

I am starting with 2 frames

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work that way. Delete the second frame, then set the horizontal offset to the frame width plus gap you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another way to deal with this, if horizontal and vertical spacing are to be equal, is to use the Gridify feature when drawing the frame. As you draw, hit the left-right arrow keys to add horizontal duplicates and the up-down keys for vertical. Spacing will be what you have set for gutter width in Document setup.

I'm not personally fond of this method as it's harder to control the size of the object you draw, but many users find it useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines