• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange image frame behavior

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello– I inherited a few InDesign files in which the image frames behave as illustrated in the attached video. What happens is that when I attempt to resize the frame, the image in the container also resizes. This does not occur in any InDesign files I've ever created, resizing a frame simply crops the image within. I've looked around settings for the reason for this but am coming up with nothing. Any ideas? Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Look into the object style into the frame fitting section.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look into the object style into the frame fitting section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pefect, many thanks @Willi Adelberger and Brad @ Roaring Mouse !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to Will's answer, if there is a Graphic Style assigned to your Photo, it's likely that they made positioning and cropping an integral part of it by checking the Frame Fitting Options so that checkmark appears (as opposed to a dash). You can either simply click the checkmark which will disable the fitting options, (but of course, that will change all photos now using that Style, so beware), OR, simply click "None" Style instead. Alternatively, you could also duplicate that Style with the FF Options disabled.

In my example, I have an Object Style called Test which enforces the Form Fitting Options, so will keep my off-center crop and size.

Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 1.01.50 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines