• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Student and Teacher version Design Premium 5 - lost serial number

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit of an odd one here - I have a box set of Design Premium 5 - a student and teacher version from when I was learning.

I no longer use it and it's not installed on any machines, however the email address I used to register it no longer exists and I can't remember my serial number.

Is it possible for me to give this to another student and they can re-register using the details in the box, with a letter from their college/school/university? Or is it 'dead'?

Is there any way I can retrieve my serial number? I could kick myself for not thinking about this before deleting everything 😞

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you remember the email you used to register it you can probably still find the Adobe Account and any registered software associated with the account (as long as you know the password), but that doesn't mean the software is usable.

It might well still run on an older system, but it is way out of date and to the best of my recollection educationa licensing was never transferrable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - I can't remember the email address sadly. I only had the email address for a few years while I was studying and then I set up another email for when I started working. But it sounds like it's not actually transferrable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean InDesign CS5? This version is dead. Even if you have a serial I doubt you would be able to activate it as the activation server are not any more active and no modorn computer is compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had hoped if someone had an older computer they might have been able to make it work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Modern PC shouldn't be a problem - you may need to install Win7 but they are still easily available. 

I have a friend using CS 5.5 so activation shouldn't be a problem either - the only activation servers that I know that are turned off are for CS2.

â–’â–º ID-Tasker / ID-Tasker Server - work smart not hard â—„â–’

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up to CS6 activation servers are down. CS6 can only be used via CC, but not via ctivation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no problem installing a perpetual CS6 last year, so if activation is down it's recent. There are no updates available, of course, but you can copy the current release files from another system or backup after the initial install.

None of that, however, has anything to do with the non-transferability of the license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regardless of anything else, academic versions were non-transferable. It would be virtually worthless at this point anyway so might just as well toss it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normal retail Creative Suite can be transferred (with appropriate paperwork), and in some situations may still work, but probably more often won't. But that doesn't apply here...

Part of the deal for the reduced price of Student Creative Suite was it could not be used for a reduced price upgrade, and could not be transferred to anyone, student or not. A current student can get a discounted subscription to Creative Cloud (approx $20/month in the first year, $30/month in subsequent years, commitment to pay for whole year).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I didn't know (or wasn't aware of it). So it looks like I have a couple of useless boxes haha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines