• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Style Sheet Overrides

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a new InDesign document using style sheets, and when I change a word size, font or color, it highlights the word. I can't make the highlight thing go away. Looked through Preferences, Type, Object, etc. Help!

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Uncheck this - 

2022-07-22_13-48-34.png

In addition here the video:

https://youtu.be/seLqZfOTO_Y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncheck this - 

2022-07-22_13-48-34.png

In addition here the video:

https://youtu.be/seLqZfOTO_Y

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A better solution would be, not to make any style overrides at all. Use character styles. That is correct work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I do use character style sheets (and teach students how to use them) but occasionally there's a one-time aberration needed, like a big exclamation point. I don't want or need to create a character style for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you loose, if you would create a style instead of a manual override?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> a one-time aberration needed

Правила как раз созданы для того, чтобы их нарушать.

Where there's a rule, there's gotta be a way around it. For "one-time" is not so big "error".

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If every time there was a one-word  change and I made a new style for it I would end up with a Character Styles palette that's too long and confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On other hand needs to cut all the strange onetime overrides. 

+ You can use folders of styles and not fear to have many styles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ellens25 ,

Thanks for reaching out. I found a similar discussion which you can refer to here https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/highlighted-text-when-making-changes-to-font-and... Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines