Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synching Style Sheets across documents

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a series of documents that keeps growing. They use many of the same style sheets, with particular ones showing up here and there. I don't want to add them all to a book, because they need to live separately with separate pagination. Is there a way to link them all to a specific master set of text styles such that if I update/add something to one document, it will appear when I open a sister document?  If I add them to a book would that essentially merge all the stylesheets? If I do that, can I keep each doc with its own pagination starting at 1?

(I guess I could import styles into each doc after I happen to change styles in one, but that seems kind of clunky.)

Thanks,

Stuart

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Have you tried the “Numbering & Section Options…” in the Pages Flyout-Menu for the separate documents? If you deselect automatic numbering you can give your documents any pagination.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-02-24 um 10.02.53.pngBildschirmfoto 2023-02-24 um 10.04.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the “Numbering & Section Options…” in the Pages Flyout-Menu for the separate documents? If you deselect automatic numbering you can give your documents any pagination.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-02-24 um 10.02.53.pngBildschirmfoto 2023-02-24 um 10.04.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...that does what I needed. Then I can just synch my style seets across.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If that solves your question can you please mark it as correct so others may benefit from it as well? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines