• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table cell strokes

Contributor ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a table with quite a few different requirements for fills, text justification, strokes, etc. To manage these requirements I am setting up cell styles. Everything is working well except for the strokes. I have read Adobe's online help articles and the whole business of applying strokes strikes me as counterintuitive, or some kind of homage to Dante...or the problem is operator error on my part.

Please refer to Table Cell Strokes 01, attached, showing a cell with an image of hands and a plant. I have not been able to get what I need in terms of strokes which is:

• solid stroke at top and right;

• no stroke at left;

• dashed stroke at bottom.

When I select the cell and open the cell style dialogue box at Strokes and Fills, what I see at this point in my "exploration" is captured in Table Cell Strokes 02.

How do I get the arrangemet of strokes that I need?

Thanks in advance!

When I select the

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen image doesn't seem to exactly match your description. But based on your description, here is how I'd set this up.

You have to select the proxy lines you want to control. For example, if you want top and right to be solid, de-select the other strokes and set the top and right:

DianeBurns_0-1641752493043.png

Next, to make the left side show no stroke, select that proxy only and set line width to zero, which effectively turns off the stroke:

DianeBurns_1-1641752545120.png

Finally, select the proxy for the bottom line and make the Type = Dashed.

DianeBurns_2-1641752589293.png

The result shown in this simple example:

DianeBurns_3-1641752625331.png

Hope this helps. Happy to look at sample of file, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Keep in mind that ID's management of table outlines is — hierarchical? layered? An outline style applied to Cell B will usually override that applied previously in Cell A (and Cell C). In addition to mastering the somewhat fussy tool for applying outlines and saving them as part of cells, remember that one cell style or override can override an adjacent one, and not always in sensible or consistent form. It can take a few rounds to get the "stack" the way you want it.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.0 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines