• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table cells smartly apply border on different rows and columns

Contributor ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all, i am working in indesign file on a project of annual report which contain 350 pages , where there is many many tables in report,  and see in this image i applied 4 cells stroke 0.25 by selecting above below and right and left cell wall , or we can select by simply right click and then select border, now the problem is that i want to create style or shortcut for this operation how we can do that fastly ... where cells rows and columns are different on  every page. i want just border on different cells , like 2 rows bottom i select i want to apply border quickly ,  i tried creating cells styles but cant get the accurate results some time bottom wall missing when apply style vice versa .,

Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 11.53.11 AM.png

TOPICS
EPUB , Experiment , Feature request , How to , Import and export , Performance , Print , Scripting , Sync and storage , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you work on a PC - you could use free version of my ID-Tasker. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where is script..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no one here is to solve the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quickly written! …

app.doScript("main()", ScriptLanguage.javascript, undefined, UndoModes.ENTIRE_SCRIPT, "Cells! …");

function main()
    {

if ( app.documents.length == 0 ) {
            alert( "No Open Document! …" )
            exit();
        } else {
            if ( app.selection && app.selection[0] && app.selection[0].constructor.name === 'Cell' ) {
                var mySel = app.selection[0];
                //-------------------------------------------------
                // Stroke Weight, Color and Tint … To Be Defined
                var myStrokeWeight = 1,
                myStrokeColor = "C=0 M=100 J=0 N=0",
                myStrokeTint = 50;
                //-------------------------------------------------
                mySel.topEdgeStrokeWeight = mySel.rightEdgeStrokeWeight = mySel.bottomEdgeStrokeWeight = mySel.leftEdgeStrokeWeight = myStrokeWeight;
                mySel.topEdgeStrokeColor = mySel.rightEdgeStrokeColor = mySel.bottomEdgeStrokeColor = mySel.leftEdgeStrokeColor = myStrokeColor;
                mySel.topEdgeStrokeTint = mySel.rightEdgeStrokeTint = mySel.bottomEdgeStrokeTint = mySel.leftEdgeStrokeTint = myStrokeTint;
                app.selection = null;
            } else alert( "OUPS! …\rTruly Better if you select \"Cells\" in a Table! ;-)" + "\r\rby FRIdNGE, Michel Allio [22/09/2023]")
        }

}

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines