Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table row jumps to next page/Table row doesn't break

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I'm layouting a book with a very long table, with very long colums. The problem is that some colums don't fit on the page, so the whole row jumps to the next one. I wanted to know how I can make one part of the text of the colum be in one page, and the rest on the other. Can anybody help me with that?

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Hi @defaultwo0pjd4fvyt4:

Sharing screenshots of a problem helps us help you more quickly. That said, it sounds like your cell content is so tall that it can't fit on one page and so it moves to the next page. InDesign cells cannot break across pages.

This feature is important to a lot of people. You can vote for it here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/33854788-option-to-split-table-rows-across-pages

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultwo0pjd4fvyt4:

Sharing screenshots of a problem helps us help you more quickly. That said, it sounds like your cell content is so tall that it can't fit on one page and so it moves to the next page. InDesign cells cannot break across pages.

This feature is important to a lot of people. You can vote for it here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/33854788-op...

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Second Barb's comment. Please vote on this feature. It has been closely considered by the engineering team to be added to InDesign's feature set, and the more people they hear from, the better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines