Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Templates thumbnail not showed.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (379).png

Is anyone know how to fix this? Templates thumbnail when I create a new files is blank, only the one I downloaded is showed. First I thought my internet was slow but look like its not in case. 

If anyone know how to fix it, Please help me!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Hi All,

Thank you for your understanding and patience throughout this process. We're pleased to inform you that the latest release of InDesign 18.4 addresses this issue and should provide a resolution for you. If the update is available in your country, we kindly request that you install it and let us know if the problem is resolved.

We genuinely appreciate your cooperation and will continue to support you in any way we can.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's clarify what you're talking about. When you create a file and want to use it again, you're creating a preset, not a template. A template is made when you create a file and save it by choosing File > Save As > InDesign 2023 Template. It's a file which has a .indt extension. Which are you talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A preset has no content, only the structure of the document so it doesn't have a preview. A template has content and can have a preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, In the image I attached, In templates section you'll see some of them have a thumbnail, that the one I downloaded. But for the rest of them is blank.Screenshot (379) cropped v2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're looking at pre-made templates which you're getting for free or paying for from Adobe Stock. When I look at those templates the ones you're talking about don't have a full-size template. That appears in the Template details:

Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 4.25.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That not what I'm talking about, In the image you attached, it showed a thumbnail for every templates but for me the thumbnail is blank except the one I downloaded, I just want to know is it anyway to fix it.Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 4.25.20 PM v2.pngScreenshot (379) cropped v2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're saying that when InDesign opens to the Home page, and you turn on the Adobe Stock Templates, that initially, you're not seeing the tiny thumbnails. That I've never seen.

If this happens in every new InDesign file you create, then you should try restoring your InDesign preferences and caches. This article  explains how to do this:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try, Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue... were you able to fix it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Alexandra27719052w6ph,

Thank you for reaching out. Would you mind telling us the version of InDesign and the details of your operating system?

Have you tried restoring your InDesign preferences as suggested by our expert?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I am having the same issue not seeing the templates to choose from in the app.

This is what I am doing as follows.

1. I open InDesign

2. I choose open more presets

3. The more presets window opens & you have the choice to "lets start something new"

4. I choose and click on the document presets link, this goes directly yo rhe print menu and shows blank document prests to choose fro0m as well as around 43 templates to choose from.

- These templates are not previewable they are blank apart from saying what they are and they are free, there is NO IMAGE to preview.

Please see screenshot attachments showing mentioned above issues.

Thanks for any help as to why this is not working correctly.

System notes:

Laptop: Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900H, 2500 Mhz, 14 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)

Running Windows Microsoft 11 Pro with the most recent windows update. Software Indesign Updated and running 18.1x64 - updated Feb 1 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ThanitT,

Thank you for sharing the requested info. The issue seems to be happening on a Windows machine wherein the template previews are blank under the new document panel. I checked with the team, and there is a bug logged for the issue, and you will definitely see the fix in future releases of InDesign.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After being saved to your computer, they show up in my Mac Finder, when selecting the file:

Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 4.31.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please continue to upvote this request: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/46240864-unable-to-see-... for better visibility. Meanwhile, the team is working on this bug.

We will let you know as soon as the bug is fixed. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Thank you for your understanding and patience throughout this process. We're pleased to inform you that the latest release of InDesign 18.4 addresses this issue and should provide a resolution for you. If the update is available in your country, we kindly request that you install it and let us know if the problem is resolved.

We genuinely appreciate your cooperation and will continue to support you in any way we can.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines