Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TeX in Indesign

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helo

I need to use equations in TeX/LaTeX in Indesign document with full support (import equation, upgrade, modification etc.)

does anyone know such software?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

I don't know of a plug-in to integrate TEX/LaTEX equations at all, much less editing of them. However, you can download LyX, which is basically a word processor that can use TEX/LaTex equations and export them as PDFs that can then be linked in ID and would update when there are changes. It is a free solution.

https://www.lyx.org/Home

MathType can also be used and is, to me, a low-cost solution and is what I have used in the past.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of a plug-in to integrate TEX/LaTEX equations at all, much less editing of them. However, you can download LyX, which is basically a word processor that can use TEX/LaTex equations and export them as PDFs that can then be linked in ID and would update when there are changes. It is a free solution.

https://www.lyx.org/Home

MathType can also be used and is, to me, a low-cost solution and is what I have used in the past.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

PS

I have script to integrate MathType equations at all, but i want use TeX equation because TeX is more professional and has more options and looks nicer 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ociecg, In-TeX/LaTeX is a JavaScript tool to compile LaTeX codes (not only math equations) to PDF in InDesign, it can run both in macOS and Windows.
For more: http://github.com/cooldtp/InTeXLaTeX
DEMO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbyDlTIpCIE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello  IDk.k.

I have download In-TeX/LaTeX, but it is in japannesse, so its very difficult to configure and use it.

Also the videos are not active.

Maybe do you have more information?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really, InDesign should support LaTeX and TeX input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really, InDesign should support LaTeX and TeX input!

By @rosswgray13-83

Agreed. It's a long-standing request from uers.

But given that Adobe hasn't improved InDesign's basic XML/database publishing tools during the past 10 years, I wouldn't wait for them to do anything for LaTeX.

Search the www.InDesign.UserVoice.com forum for LaTeX feature requests and either vote for the feature or start a new feature request. But you'll have to drum up a lot of votes for it to get Adobe's attention, 100+ votes.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines