• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text background is a pink color. How do I get rid of it?

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I had a computer crashed and have re installed Indesign CS3 after Adobe helped me by uninstalling the one for the died computer.

I installed it on a diferent computer but the text has a pink background in all my documents. Will this pink background print when

I send my formated books to my professional printer or in an e-book? How can I remove this pink background?

Thank you

Jan

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

The pink background indicates that the font being used by that text is not installed on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pink background indicates that the font being used by that text is not installed on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

Thank you for telling me. I don't know what to do about this. Can I just pick another font on Indesign?

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Type > Find Font... to substitute a font you have for the mising fonts (expect text to reflow) or you can find the fonts and install them on the new machine. Will the old one still boot? If so, you should be able to copy all of youtr fonts from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

No, the old one is no more. Everything was gone from it when we got it up again. We alright stripped it. My husband likes to rebuild them.

Thank you for the information. I'll do that or pick another font!

I do appreciate you and Larry's help.

Sincerely

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh thank you Larry i been trying to change background colour and what ever else i could change recking my brains

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using arial, the same default font I have always used. I repeat what I said in my last post: Page turning pink and othe problems started after receiving last update from Adobe. Coincidende? I don't think so.

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks as well - just saw that myself for the first time today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually had this happen just now in Illustrator CC2015, by applying a paragraph style of a font that I have, as I had just created that style from another normal text box. The text turned pink, but no fonts are missing in Find Fonts. I turned the font to bold and then back to regular, the pink went away. Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the style panel you see from now on a + Symbol at the top of the Paragraph and Character Style Panels.

If you turn it on, it will show any manual override of styles with a highlight color.

I would recommend to correct the styles as it is important to write without any manual override to create fine type work which will work without problems in EPUBs and PRINT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post saved me from wasting several hours of my life trying to figure why the annoying background color was not showing up in the tools preset and why I could not change it. I re-opened the document and followed the steps to substitute the font and then checked the box to sync all text to the new substitute font selected. Then the document opened without the forced background color behind the text. It worked!!

Thanks!!!

A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a situation where I had to keep the original font (chosen by someone else) and not change/install the font - but still needed to work on with the file. The pink background annoyed me enough to find a way to get rid of it.
You can hide the pink background by deselecting Preferences > Type > Highlight Substituted Fonts.
Just make sure to select it after you've done with the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with CS6, page turns pink when I try to type, and I cannot lose the file. I have to close the program and restart it. The text is set to horizontal, (is pink in vertical as well) and I am using the arial font which I have been using for years. What's going on Adobe. Did you sabatoge all older versions the last time you sent out an update? There is absolutely no reason for this to be happening. There are other problems as well, all since your last update. 

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last update for CS6 was in 2013!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use Find Font to see what fonts ID thinks are in use and what's missing. Could be you've applied a style defined with a missing font unintentionally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines