• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text boxes and parent pages

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have placed text boxes in the parent pages. I am now trying to place text in the regular pages. I am placing text from a Word document (in the attached screenshot it's just filler, but it's from a Word document, not from InDesign itself). You can see the blue line where I built the text box in the parent page. Nevertheless, when I place text, it fills in everything within the margins, not within the text frame. The only solution I have found is to manually create text frames on the regular pages and then flow through those. But this is a bad option because if I need to change the margins, I have to go through and manually do it for every single text box. I have tried overriding, that doesn't work. I have tried placing directly into "page 8" in the screenshot, that works for the one page, but on the next page it exceeds the text box again. Can you please advise? I find this frustrating - if you cannot simply place text within the text boxes set up on the parent pages, then what is the purpose of the parent pages? 

TOPICS
Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To work with text frames placed on a Parent Page, you will need to override it on a Document Page based on that Parent page. Hold down Command + Shift (Mac) or Ctrl + Shift (Windows) when over the frame and click. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines