• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text cursor won't move

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using InDesign 18.2.1, updated today, on Windows 10 platform.  I have been using the software for 5 years to produce a small magazine. I have placed a story which runs to 30 pages but the text cursor will not move past a particular sentence (which I will call the 'stick-point').  The story is composed of entries from a database and consist of index entries, place names and addreses and a description. The text cursor sticks on a particlar entry and I cannot move past it using the mouse.  If I move the cursor using the cursor keys I can move past the stick-point but as soon as I click the mouse it jumps back to the stick-point.  I have just tried to generate an Index and the index has been placed at the stick-point, even though I had moved the text cusror to the end of the story.  BIG problem as I cannot finalise the magazine.  Never had this problem before.  Any suggestions???

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Thanks for all your help... Layers panel showed nothing unusual... In the end I deleted all the pages and placed the text again and all is now fine! Don't know what was causing it but hey ho - it's fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be usefule to open Story Editor and see what that shows around your stick point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Thanks for your reply... This is interesting... if I open Story Editor when the cursor is before the 'stick-point' I get a normal Story screen (screenshot stick-2); if I open it when the cursor is at the stick-point I get nothing (sccreenshot stick-1)! What on earth is going on????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you might have an extra anchored frame there, but check the layers panel.

If everything seems normal, try exporting to .idml, then open that and save as a new .indd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all your help... Layers panel showed nothing unusual... In the end I deleted all the pages and placed the text again and all is now fine! Don't know what was causing it but hey ho - it's fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines