• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text wrapping stops when anchoring image

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I apply an anchor to an image that was previously set to wrap text on all 4 sides, the surrounding text stops wrapping on 1 or 2 sides. If I drag the image to the other facing page, the wrapping works perfectly, but when I drag it back to the original page, the wrapping stops on 1 or 2 pages. I also tried removing the wrap specs, and re-applying them. I also tried adjusting the layers of the image and text. I am using the latest version of InDesign on a Mac. 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

As I recall, with anchored objects text wrap only afects text AFTER the anchor point.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really more of a feature request than a bug, and I suspect it may be impossible to do due to recursion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a feature request, but a large bug. I am forced to position all images at the bottom of the page, to enable anchoring to unrelated text above the image. This moves the image far away from the related tet, and will force me to place the anchor far from the related text that it should follow. Authors and designers need to anchor images in close proximity to their related text, not a half-page away, or at the bottom of the page. Some images that span 2 columns have no workaround. There is no place on the facing page that will not release the wrapping. This book is targeted both print and ebpub. Epub requres all images to be anchored or they will all move to the bottm of the document. Most of my 40 images in the book are experiencing this issue. This bug and workaround is unacceptable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now experiencing a similar problem with another image that seems to have no workaround solution. No matter where I anchor the image (above, below, on left facing page, or on next page), either the right column or both columns of text release from wrapping.   This is a bug that needs fixing.  See screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post a link to a file with these two pages so we can have a look at waht's going wrong.

When the program is performing "as designed," which it is in the case of text wrap on anchored objects, it is not a bug, much as you might wish it were. As I said earlier, it may be impossible to implement wrap affecting the text before the anchor position (and I think if it was possible it would long since have been done) because as you change the wrap and it affects the text before the anchore, that anchor postion is going to change, which affects the the wrap, which affects the anchor position in an endless recursion loop and the program freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines