The "Cannot Place File. Invalid PNG file" bug is BACK in the LATEST RELEASE OF INDESIGN 17.0!!!!!

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can someone get back to me so that I can understand why this is happening when exporting to PDF in the latest version of InDesign 17.0! I reverted to the previous version changed nothing in the InDesign file and it all worked and exported fine? 

TOPICS
Import and export, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I checked on my machine, there are no issues exporting PDFs with PNG files in it. I would request if you could share a few more details to investigate this issue:

• Operating System
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? 
  • Where you are saving the exported files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)? 

We're here to help!

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

Thanks for getting back to me, I think the issue seems to be isolated to one particular InDesign Document as I had to export a number of different documents at the time, and only one of five failed.

I can't seem to resolve it though, still getting the same message even after resaving all of the images in Photoshop and updating the linked image files in the InDesign document?

I am currently running Windows 10 Pro and I was saving the PDF exports to a folder on our company One Drive?

Many thanks for your assitance.

Kind regards,

Andy

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing similar issue with invalid PNG file error when trying to print or export to PDF. 

Were you able to resolve this? How did you identify which PNG file(s) was/were invalid?

We have not had issues printing to or exporting to PDF in the past. Is it a bug with the latest version (17.1) of Creative Cloud?

Thanks for any feedback or insight you might have.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi together,

could you attach one sample PNG file that once worked, but does not export to PDF in InDesign 2022 version 17.0 ?

I'd like to test this on my Windows machine where I have all the latest versions of InDesign installed.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines