• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This error might have occurred because of a missing font or a missing glyph character.

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the folloing error when trying to dynamic print in InDesign.

A problem occurred during Production.
Information:

Print Production
Error
The operation was canceled in record 1 due to PDF standards compliance error. Please consult support for further investigation. This error might have occurred because of a missing font or a missing glyph character.

The problem is that on InDesign it does not give me any font eror. So I do not know where the trouble Character is. 

How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a very unusual message.

Can you upload a picture of this message, please. Also can you show us what kind of document is (is there a "record 1").  Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

It says the issue is on record 1 bt if I skip record 1 I still get the same error. If I link to a different file I still get the error.

I'm running on Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 

InDesign is 15.0 x64

Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link which refers to the error, but there's not a simple solution:

https://groups.google.com/g/xmpie-users/c/ubYX0cROyX4

Here's the relevant section about that error:

"There are two solutions to the PDF compliance error: 1 - use a different font which has all the required glyphs, or 2 - remove the bad character from the document/data. 

Anyhow, it can be easy or tricky to find the problem. If the missing character is in static text, it is easy since you should see it in InDesign. But if the character that is not available in the font is coming from the linked data, then it can be more difficult to identify. If this is the case, try to identify the record which has the bad character by printing different ranges of data. eg records 1-100, then 101-200 etc until you find the bad data."

What kind of file is this? Can you replace the font with a different font? It appears that a character or glyph may be missing in the font you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another article which suggests a way to see the missing glyph:

https://creativepro.com/tackling-missing-glyphs/

Read the top section where you can turn on pink highlighting to see missing glyphs in Preferences > Composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the preference and I saw that the error were on almos all letters on the address block on the letter.

I changed all fonts to Minion Pro and still have me the same error trying to print.

I deleted the address block and still gave me the same error 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a document you could share (on a cloud file) so others could try to solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatelly the letter has a lot of private information so I cannot share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain some more about what you mean by "dynamic print?"

Are you doing a DataMerge to PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Dynamic Print from XMPie uCreate to merge the data with the letter and create a pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, the link about the causes of a PDF compliance error was from a group for XMPie users. I wonder if you could get some help from that group about your error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a Google search on "PDF standards compoliance" and that link popped up. I wonder if for some reason it's inherent sometimes in the Dynamic Print process. Nothing I've ever encountered or heard of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Removing all Dynamic Content and then relinking to the data source and setting the data fileds up again seemed to work for me with this. Possibly a bug in the latest version of uCreate Print?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines