• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This file is already opened by another user or another application / updating linked files

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use Sonoma 14.5 and my Indesign is 19.3.

Within our work, we use a server and almost every time I make a new image and try to drop it immediately to Indesign, I get this alert – "This file is already opened by another user or –". I know this happens if anyone else opens the image I made but this is a freshly made image that was just created that I know for sure nobody has opened.

I've been experiencing this issue since I changed my machine to a new Macbook M3 Pro. Everyone in our studio uses InDesign and the server experiences this apart from myself.

Would be great if somone could help me with this.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check you have full read/write permissions for the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use Sonoma 14.5 and my Indesign is 19.3.

...and almost every time I make a new image and try to drop it immediately to Indesign...

By @Neil217971684uni

Can you please elaborate on this process? How exactly do you "make a new image" and how do you drop it to InDesign? Does it involve CC libraries? There were recently several threads regarding errors similar to the one you describe that were traced to CC library issues.

Also, will updating to InDesign 19.4 make any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.

Whenever I make an image with Photoshop or drop a new image into a server, etc. Dropping in means drag and drop images to an opened up Indesign.

19.4 doesn't help and I don't use CC libraries.

THanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines