• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tools missing from menu bar Indesign CC 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the most recent build/version of InDesign (2020, 15.0 x64) and I am missing some (what I consider) important tools from the menu bar. AndI can't seem to get them back. Took some screen shots from my 2019 version and the 2020 version. The one I really care about is the Zoom Level. I feel like it's always been there (meaning - I don't recall ever needing to add it to that bar) so I've become pretty dependent on it.

There's a way to get it back, yes?

I am using a custom workspace and initially, I thought that was the problem (that I hadn't applied it after the update) but that is not the case.

I would greatly appreciate anyone letting me in on the secret to getting it back! (no matter how foolish I'll feel if it's something really simple. 😉 )

Thanks in advance!

indesign menu bar.jpg

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Hi

Zoom is now in the lowest left. View Options and Screen Modes are in the Toolbar at the bottom.

6.png

You can post a feature request here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the lower-left corner of the interface. All of these things (as you've discovered) have been moved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You beat me by 58 seconds, Bob, but I don't see those things in the Welcome Screen. All I have is "What's New?"

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you need them on the start screen?

There's nothing to zoom into. There' no multiple windows open to arrange. None of those tools have anything to do with the start screen. 

This was a conscious decision to clean up the interface on both Windows and Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they are referring to the welcome screen that appears after a significant update, that invites you to tour what is new and what Adobe considers “improved” - the latter of which is often highly debatable... like changing shortcuts and default behaviors and tool box contents- without an easy way of adjusting them back when you have deadlines to meet, and no time to research how to get them back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I wasn't looking quite 'that' far down on the screen but I see it now that Jane pointed it out to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I just looked, and yes, they are gone from the Start workspace, but some can't be used in 2019 in the Start workspace, such as Zoom and Arrange Documents. Changing the Screen Mode from the Start Workspace worked as expected — it changed the defaults on new documents.

Do they show up when you have a file open and use the Advanced Workspace or Essential Classic?

~Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies -- I was only trying to capture the menu bar (the section I highlighted with the red oval), which is the same when a document is open as it is on the start screen. They are not just greyed out, but not there at all. With a document open, I did switch my custom workspace to the 'essentials classic', and ran through every workpace option, and they do not show up in the menu bar no matter which I choose.

I also did check the lower left corner of the interface -- and I'm not seeing them thier neither. Well, not all of them. And really, that is sor of dependant on how I have my interface set up. I have my 'tools' on the left side of my workspace. And while I 'do' see the 'view options', I'm not seeing any of the others.

Really tho, the only one I want back is the zoom level. (In my screen shot, it's the one with the 100%) Can I add that to any of my tool bars?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Zoom is now in the lowest left. View Options and Screen Modes are in the Toolbar at the bottom.

6.png

You can post a feature request here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! That's going to take some getting used to, but happy it's there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re welcome, Dean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regardless of whether or not you can get the 100% zoom level back, do yourself a huge favor and learn to use the keyboard shortcut of Control-1/Command-1 on Windows/MacOS. Once memorized, you'll never miss the need to click on a menu item again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you... I waited till the  last minute to finish my assignment and couldnt find the tool bar. you saved the day and my grade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines