• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Top of Window Off-Screen, Unable to Reposition (Mac, Multiple Monitors)

New Here ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost everyday, I have an issue where the top of the InDesign window is off the screen, which means I can't move the window around to position it properly on my monitor. The solution I've found is to use Mission Control to shift the InDesign window on to another monitor, which typically shifts it down just enough to be able to click the top of the window and drag it down more. Sometimes resizing the window will cause it to pop back on to the screen properly, but that doesn't always work.

I'm flagging this because it doesn't happen with any other Adobe programs, and it's consistent enough to be really disruptive to my workflow.

As an aside, multiple-monitor performance across Adobe programs is quite poor in general; pop-up windows for things like exporting, effects, etc. often appear on different screens at random, and still do so even after being repositioned in a prior use. I really wish Adobe could fix this.

I use a Macbook Pro (16-inch, 2021, M1 Max, 64 GB RAM) for work. I have multiple monitor set-ups at home (1 monitor) and at the office (2 monitors), and I use my laptop as an active screen in both scenarios as well. We're using macOS Monterey 12.7.5 because newer versions of the OS cause issues with our remote server, but given that the main issue only happens with InDesign, it seems to be a bug with the program.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble. Would you mind trying the suggestion shared in this post: https://adobe.ly/3WWxXWu? Please let us know if that helps.

We will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I'll give this a try when this happens tomorrow to see if it makes the window movable. However, leaving the application frame option off is not a great option for my workflow. Also, this is another workaround, but not a permanent solution to the problem. Is this something that Adobe is currently looking into a creating a fix for? Being able to reposition the window via some other means besides the top of the window, or creating an option in the View menu to resize the window to the current screen size would be more permanent solutions.

Thanks,

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Colin,

We understand your frustration and sorry for the delay in response. Did you get a chance to try the workaround suggested? let us know if that works for you.

We will also share your feedback with the team. Meanwhile, you may also submit your feedback here: https://adobe.ly/3X8z1Xp and upvote the existing request for better visibility.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines