Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with InDesign: Stripes and beach ball effect

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have been experiencing the beach ball effect with InDesign for a number of months now, like so many others.  Added to this I also get multi coloured stripes and shapes across the page. I gave attached a screenshot below to illustrate this. Hoping someone can help me. I generally work on brand guidelines or reports. 
Carolyn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off the GPU Performance in the InDesign settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eugene, thanks for the recommendation. I'll let you know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Eugene, unfortunately by turning off the GPU perfomance, this didn't resolve the issue. I also tried disabling Pre-flight as well.  Carolyn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. I would request you to please check and share a few details like:

• The exact version of InDesign
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Where are the files and links saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, plugins, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Please check if turning off the internet help resolve the issue?
  • Are you using TimeMachine? If yes, please check if turning it off/ disabling it help resolve the issue?
  • Please try different Display options (View > Display Performance) in InDesign. I recommended working on Typical Display.
  •  Screenshot of About This Mac "Displays tab".
  • Are you using an external monitor(s)? If yes, with which port and cable combination it is connected. Which brand & what is the model no?
  • Are you using any external GPU?

We will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Anshul, thanks for sending over the check list, I'll let you know how I get on. Carolyn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines