• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Try the new Publish Online (Preview) feature in InDesign CC 2015 !

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publish Online (Preview) is a technology preview feature that is available in English versions of InDesign CC 2015. The feature lets you effortlessly publish InDesign documents online. These documents can then be viewed with full fidelity in a desktop or tablet web browser with a delightful viewing experience, and without requiring a plug-in. If a richer document experience is desired, you can add buttons, slideshows, animation, audio, and video using the interactive authoring features of InDesign before publishing the document online.

The published document is intended to be a digital version of an InDesign document that will simply work on all devices that support a web browser. You can email the published document URL or simply share it on Facebook.

Try publishing a finished document by clicking the Publish Online button on the Application Bar or you can also choose File -> Publish Online (Preview)..To access or manage all your published documents, choose File -> Web Dashboard..For more details, see online help.

After trying it out, please give us feedback on the feature by filling this survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PublishOnline_Survey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 505 Replies 505
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought.

Could it have anything to do with the Rollover state which is only present in desktop? Does this duplicate the button action?

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, removed the rollovers but still the same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glenn,

When you select 'OnClick' event for the button, can you see any actions for it, if yes please remove them. If not can you check if there are multiple buttons on the same place, you can try moving button a little and see if there is other button as well.

Please see snapshot of a button having GotoPreviousPage action on OnClick event.

button.png

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anshul,

I will give that a go. Are you suggesting that I do not use the On release or tap in preference for on click. I believe I tried that previously and it works on desktop but not on a mobile device?

Thanks for your help.

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glenn,

In your buttons, there are same actions attached to multiple events. You can use either of the event and even multiple of them depending on your need. But here your need is that page should go to next/previous page on click of a button so you can add go to next/previous page action to any one of the event either OnClick or OnRelease but not to both of them. If you want to use OnRelease event then select OnClick in the event dropdown of button and delete action attached to it.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anshul,

I will have a trawl thought the document to find the multiple events. Didn't realise that you could have multiple events on one button!

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anshul, you are a star.

That has sorted it.

Really appreciate your help. I could have been looking forever!

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2015 Nov 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anshul,

Aspect Ratio is incorrect (stretched horizontally) in Interactivity Previewer, so my subjects are stretched out of proportion.

This happens without a crop applied, and more radically with a frame fitting crop applied.

Media is initially edited in Premiere, encoded in Encoder, placed in Indesign as Interactive Media.

Thanks for your help, Marian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2015 Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been publishing to Online Preview for months now, but I just started getting this error which is very vague. Any Ideas?

Thanks!

An error occurred while uploading your document. Please try again.

An error occurred while uploading your document. Please try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2015 Oct 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try signing off and on in the Creative Cloud app. Go to the Gear icon > Preferences > Sign Off. Then sign in with your Adobe ID.

Also make sure InDesign is signed in with your Adobe ID.

And if that doesn't work, restore your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, thanks! It will publish a partial doc... one chapter,but not the

full book as it used to.

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 7:34 AM, Steve Werner <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps there is some corruption in your file.

Save it as an IDML file:

Clean corrupt files by exporting to .IDML or .INX

After rebuilding, try it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Marian,

Were you able to publish same document in past, have you added more things in it may be some media files or so. Did you by any chance have any network limit tool running on your system, sometimes it causes failure because of upload limit set to lower values. Which OS you are on.

If you are still seeing the issue, can you please copy your packaged indd folder somewhere and share the link at sharewithid@adobe.com with subject ForAnshul, it will help in reproducing the issue.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens to the doc in the web dashboard when one's trial of InDesign expires? Will it still be accessible? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The uploaded doc in web dashboard is not affected by the expired copy of software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to use Online Publish in InDesign 2015 (CC). I have a one page document with 'digital publishing' as intend. Uploading to Publish Online seems to work with all default settings, however, when I click the Show Document button (or use the URL provided), the result is "Document not Found - The document you requested does not exist. Please check the link used to make sure it's accurate." https://indd.adobe.com/view/02f9db2f-b3fa-41e9-be47-88391fa7b252?ref=ide

Also, my web dashboard and recent publications remain empty. What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you're logged in to your Adobe ID. Go to the CC desktop app. Click on the gear > Preferences > Sign Out. Then sign in with your Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thaks for your swift response, Werner! I'll give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I can see your document when going to the URL you mentioned: Conservatorium Amsterdam. You say you can not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me, too. Loads as 1 of 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking, Frans and Larry. Changing to another computer, also worked for me. The problem, apparently, was my pc, not Online Publish.  So, solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, does anyone have the solution to the "reverse on roll off" button not working? Please see here: https://indd.adobe.com/view/e25a29cc-181a-4444-a859-274394d843d4

This will preview correctly when using the key command <cmmd + shift + enter> and shows up as a swf preview. It will not preview correctly as shown using the "publish online" button or the menu item under "file".

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted the survey monkey but just thought about something else, it would be nice if you could add a notes section where notes could be added and collaborated back to the original author. I use this feature to send previews of documents we are having printed, instead of sending pdfs.. we have people who think office max and an offset press are the same quality.. They sometimes need changes it would be great if they could mark the document up via the web. That way they don't have to have Adobe Acrobat to Mark it up. It would also be a great idea for graphic design firms working with outside clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it and like it so far.

Errors: If you don't have an object (set as a hyperlink) moved to top most layer and it's overlapped with copy-some people are missing the hyperlink. curser doesn't change until portion of the object that's not covered with text appears.

Error: animation previews fine but after it's published the animation plays but objects bounce into place. Every object with an animation completes the motion then appears to "snap" to an invisible grid line or something.

Question: We found an editing error in our publication after it was published. Is there anyway to edit the file and keep the same url it was assigned the first time we published it online?

Looking forward to updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet, but it’s a feature that has been announced as coming soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines