• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Try the new Publish Online (Preview) feature in InDesign CC 2015 !

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publish Online (Preview) is a technology preview feature that is available in English versions of InDesign CC 2015. The feature lets you effortlessly publish InDesign documents online. These documents can then be viewed with full fidelity in a desktop or tablet web browser with a delightful viewing experience, and without requiring a plug-in. If a richer document experience is desired, you can add buttons, slideshows, animation, audio, and video using the interactive authoring features of InDesign before publishing the document online.

The published document is intended to be a digital version of an InDesign document that will simply work on all devices that support a web browser. You can email the published document URL or simply share it on Facebook.

Try publishing a finished document by clicking the Publish Online button on the Application Bar or you can also choose File -> Publish Online (Preview)..To access or manage all your published documents, choose File -> Web Dashboard..For more details, see online help.

After trying it out, please give us feedback on the feature by filling this survey - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PublishOnline_Survey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 505 Replies 505
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AN ERROR OCCURRED WHILE UPLOADING YOUR DOCUMENT - ERROR #23

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve. 

I appreciate your help with the codes.  How do we fix this = I've been 'trying again' for 2 days now and it keeps dropping out.

AHHHHHH sooooo frustrating.  This shouldn't be soooo hard.

I've emailed one of the LYNDA trainers on the subject so lets hope she can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sammi,

Can you please attach screenshot of the error dialog. It contains ID as well, which we will need to see what the issue is.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sammi,

It looks like, 'Allow viewers to download the document as a PDF (print)' is checked in your Publish dialog and somehow this pdf is not able to upload.

There are few things which can be tried to find the exact problem:

1. Uncheck this pdf option in Publish dialog and then publish.

2. Try on some other network as it is looking like intermittent network issue, because of which upload for some assets is failing.

Also please send packaged indd file to ansjain@adobe.com, it will help us in seeing if this is reproducible at our end as well.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! It WORKED....

Thank you soooooooo much!  You are a true CHAMPION!

I owe you my life!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Indesign document includes sound files, with active option to read the sounds files at the opening of the pages. Everything works fine with Mac Os or Windows desktops, but not with Android or iOS devices (no automatic playback of sound files at the opening of the pages).

Has anyone ever noticed this problem? A solution ???

https://indd.adobe.com/view/749d6a20-d3a8-4d38-8d89-1ef5461498f7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All: I'm really excited on using the option 'Publish Option' after several tryouts, I got my article online now and special thanks to 'Adobe' for introducing and including this feature in InDesign.

I shared my article here for your view: https://indd.adobe.com/view/8d1c10d4-d991-4e65-86e3-dcd16d2f5dd4​, please let me know your comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some examples of online publishing I have worked on.

-  the first is just a print document repurposed as an online publishing option

https://indd.adobe.com/view/fd610284-8637-49b9-a080-dbbb09a86530

-  the second is a team training module for working with ProofHQ online review software

https://indd.adobe.com/view/f1a176f4-4daf-4686-b5dd-8aa99ea54d87

-  the third is an internal promotional module designed to help our account managers understand our ux tools -- the third of five tools identified in this module is Web Publishing which is the Adobe Online Publishing feature additional examples included

https://indd.adobe.com/view/4de6cb0e-4fc3-4e58-838f-15f5ede3f804

I would appreciate feedback.

https://indd.adobe.com/view/4de6cb0e-4fc3-4e58-838f-15f5ede3f804Also hoping to find out what Adobe's plan is with regard to continued support and expansion of this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Debbie,

Your work is exquisite. Not just the design, but the beautiful use of animations and interactivity.

There is only one thing I would change.

For the page that ends with:

It

It's frustrating that when/if I come back to that home page that it repeats the entire animation of light bulbs moving in, lighting up, and buttons appearing.

My suggestion would be to split this into two pages with a button to take you from the first page to the second. Then, each time the visitor comes to the "home" page, they wouldn't have to go through all the stuff they already saw.

Having said that, your stuff is exquisite. Oh, I already said that. Well it took my breath away. You can pushed interactivity and animations to their ultimate limits.

Can I ask what tutorials you used? Was it my animation book or Diane Burns course on Lynda? Or something else? Or are you just a brilliant designer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your kind words. Regarding course work, my company has access to Lynda.com so that is where I learned. I have taken quite a few different courses but believe for animation it was the Diane Burns course.

I am eager to learn more. Particularly as it relates to adobe's plans for this feature. It could play a significant role as one of our digital tools. But before going selling our team on this I want to know adobe's intent to support and expand it. Do you know? Or do you know who I could reach out to.

thanks Debbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are unlikely to announce their plans for Publish Online. Let's hope they do have plans to develop the feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bit of a Catch 22. If not a lot of people use the service, Adobe could let it wither and die.

But the more companies do use it, the better its chances for improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Debbie!

I ditto the compliments on your work. I think you have a creative use of design and animation here that will keep otherwise boring forms fun and interesting for the viewer. I also agree that you may want to simplify in places for those viewers that are in a hurry.

Did you do your animation in Indesign or did you use another software?

Thanks, Marian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  All the animation was created in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't taken the time to look through all the docs that you sent yet, but I really enjoy seeing your creative use of Indesign.

Does your employer allow you to take the production time required to create animations? If so, my hats off to them!

I'd like to see more of your work going forward, since I'm sure you are inspired to keep exploring.

Again, nice work.

Marian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they do of course I have also spent quite a bit additional personal time absorbing online courses. I and another designer have taken it upon ourselves to explore and ultimately share with our team.

Thanks i I will post new examples as am able.

Debbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Debbie,

These examples are fantastic! I'd love to include them in my Publish Online gallery. Would that be ok with you? You can view the gallery here:

https://indd.adobe.com/view/c2c7aa96-405e-488f-8902-e1d96c1bea4f

If I may include them, are these the final links?

Thanks very much for sharing this fine work. I have a feeling many more people would use Publish Online if they only understood how helpful it can be.

Thanks,

--Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to get approval ... will get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to get approval ... will get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!
I'm having an issue with uploading a 96 page document. It keeps stalling around 67% and I've tried all of the fixes. I've screencapped the error I'm getting, plus my settings page. Any advice you can give would be great.

Thanks!

Patrick
Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 2.05.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 2.06.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try loggin out of your Creative Cloud account, then log back in. This has been known to fix some problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Diane. I've tried that, but not luck. I appreciate the suggestion though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just remembered a similar problem was posted, though not sure where. Can you try setting it so that a PDF is not available? In the meantime, I'll see if I can find the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link, yes, it's uncheck the PDF option.

Re: Try the new Publish Online (Preview) feature in InDesign CC 2015 !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines