• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn of incopy in indesign

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a booklet in InDesign for over a week. I am working alone. Suddenly when I try to copy a section, I get incopy instead of copy and I cannot copy at all. I am unable to work on this design now, and I can't figure out how it turned on, and most importantly how to turn it off.  Would you please direct me? I need to finish this document and this has caused a lot of consternation. Thank you.

TOPICS
InCopy workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all of the InCopy stories in the Assignments Panel. Delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the assignments panel and there is a copy of the name of my design. However it is grey and I am unable to delete it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

INDD files have been asigned probably to InCopy instead of InDesign on System level. Select one INDD file, right mouse click, open with, always, with … select InDesign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have the ability to select ALWAYS to open with indesign. I can select indesign but nothing about always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is deeper in the open menu, depending on your os. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Mac cmd+I

select the application you want to open it with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when I reopopen it is the same. No copy, just incopy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now lost the ability to save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait a minute! Are you saying the INDD file is opening in InCopy? If that's true, as Willi says, just reassign the file association or use the file > open command in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I do not have incopy.  I just know it's related to incopy because the copy command in the menu changed to incopy and then I could not copy at all.   It opens in InDesign, but I can't do anything anymore.  I just tried to reasign the assignment - to ME, but that didn't change anything.  I CAN delete my assignment, but not the one that says unsassigned. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Guess it's fixed. Adobe support came on with me. Apparently, I updated to 2024, (maybe by accident) and the prompts moved. Sorry to have posted. I was totally unable to work.   Thankyou both for attempting to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines