• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turning off Glyph Tips

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed a new feature in InDesign that slows me down quite a bit when editing text. A popup menu occurs whenever a letter is selected, and it persists until the cursor is moved away. This can add a lot of time to a job if a lot of selections are required. It can also lead to typos. Is there any way to turn this off? Thank you.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Yes.

1. Go to your Preferences.
  2. Once the Preferences dialog is open, go to Advanced Type in the left hand column.
  3. In this portion of the dialog, go to the bottom two checkboxes in the "type contextual controls" and turn them OFF as shown in the picture below.

Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 10.33.11 pm.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes.

1. Go to your Preferences.
  2. Once the Preferences dialog is open, go to Advanced Type in the left hand column.
  3. In this portion of the dialog, go to the bottom two checkboxes in the "type contextual controls" and turn them OFF as shown in the picture below.

Screen Shot 2024-04-04 at 10.33.11 pm.png

 

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines