• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two-Up Continuous (Cover Page) Appearing as 1 Page Layout When Opened via our site on Chrome

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am at a loss trying to figure out why my two page PDF (with cover) is appearing as a 1 page spread when opened via Google Chrome. It opens just fine in Safari though for some reason. I have found that several platforms also openly it improperly. I was told by my IT guy that this is an Adobe Issue that needs to be fixed via the adobe PDF browser/viewing situation. However, if there is something I am missing or an easier fix here within the export settings, please let me know! 

My boss needs this to work on any browser for the client's sake. Thank you!

Here is the live link to the issue I am having: based on your browser it may or may not appear correctly as a 2PG spread. https://www.ilp-inc.com/catalogs-and-flyers/ (then click "Outdoor Catalog")

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance , Print , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

This is a browser PDF viewer issue, and the inability for some of these viewers to not honor a 2 page spread within the PDF. You could try Publish Online, where a 2 page spread will be honored, and if the viewer needs a PDF, can download.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a browser PDF viewer issue, and the inability for some of these viewers to not honor a 2 page spread within the PDF. You could try Publish Online, where a 2 page spread will be honored, and if the viewer needs a PDF, can download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Madeleine,

exactly what Jeffrey said.

With e.g. Firefox on Windows 10 you'll have more luck and Two-Up Continous (Cover Page) will be shown exactly as this:

OutdoorCatalo-PDF-Viewer-Firefox-Windows-10.PNG

Not so with Chrome or the Edge browser on Windows 10:

OutdoorCatalo-PDF-Viewer-Chrome-Windows-10.PNG

OutdoorCatalo-PDF-Viewer-Edge-Windows-10.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My boss needs this to work on any browser for the client's sake. Thank you!

By @Madeleine22193658m6ip

I'm sorry but your IT guy is wrong. Beyond Acrobat and Reader for desktop there is nothing Adobe can do to control the display of a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines