We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
I have a problem that's a bit unerving. I had the famous blue line warning me I had Type 1 font. I changed them all to a Opentype equivalent. In the find / change type window it was saying I had none left. Worked on the file and by the end of the day closed it and gone home. Today when I open my document, it still says I have some Type 1 in the blue line but when I look at the find/change font window it says 0! I'm on Big Sur and my collegue on Catalina and we both have the same problem on various document. We have adobe 2022 but had them before on 2021 versions.
It is a bit unnerving because it slows our work at the same time. Anyone have any idea what we are doing wrong? We tried restarting the server, our computer too have been restarted. No change.
Copy link to clipboard
Do you by any chance have paragraph and/or character styles that are still set up using the Postscript Type 1 fonts? Just eliminating the fonts through Find/Replace Font of Find/Change will not change them in any style that has been previously set up. Go into all of your styles and manually change the fonts to the Opentype version.
You were right in the sens that all my character and paragraph style was style on Type 1. But I changed them all manually like you suggested and I still have the blue line with 37 fonts.
Actually I come back on my last reply. I saved as a copy afterwards and when I reopened the document it was saying 0. I closed it again and reopened, the blue line is gone. I'll cross fingers but I think it worked.
Copy link to clipboard
Some random suggestions. Could you have...
No to the first 2, but yes to the paragraph and character styles. I changed them manually but still have the same problem.
Do the following:
 Export the document to IDML.
 Open the IDML package* and inspect the Fonts.xml file in the Resource folder.
 Look after:
Could be that there are entries of font styles listed that once were used in the document, but are not used anymore.
Your document still lists all the entries. They are not removed with a Save As or if you export to IDML.
A warning: Do not try to edit the Fonts.xml file inside the package.
I know only two workarounds for not getting this message anymore:
 Work offline.
 Transfer all contents of the old document to a brand new document.
* Basically an IDML file is a zip package file that contains folders and files.
For testing only and not if you want to work on with the unzipped content you should be able to unzip an IDML file by changing the name from *.idml to *.zip and unpackage the zip file. The Fonts.xml file should be in the Resources folder.
( ACP )
This is some great information. Thanks for posting.