• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to launch all Creative Cloud apps like Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same problem here all day. All other apps work except PS, AI, ID. 

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Hi everyone,

We’ve received reports of apps crashing or becoming unresponsive after launch, particularly following the release of version 19.5. Unlike generic crashes, this issue specifically causes all Adobe apps to get stuck at the splash screen or enter a “not responding” state, preventing them from launching.

The problem has been traced to certain Beta Adobe applications related to video composition and editing. We recommend updating all Beta and released versions of video-specific Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 390 Replies 390
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Jan0D4E

We're sorry to hear that you cannot launch the apps. Could you share a few more details about the issue? 

1. Are you trying to launch the app through the Creative Cloud Desktop app or the app icon directly? 

2. For how long have you been experiencing this issue? Has it worked in the past for you? 

3. Please share the version of your Creative Cloud Desktop app and the details of the Operating System. 

4. Please ensure that you use the correct Adobe ID to log in to the Creative Cloud desktop app. 

We are here to help and will be looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Thank you. 

Abhishek Rao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, here are the answers:

1. Both don't work. It stops at the loading preferences... 

2. This issue happened just today. Couple of days I am having blue screen issues when launching my Windows, but that shouldn't be the issue.

3. My version is 6.3.0.207 and my oparating system is Windows 11 Pro

4. I have the correct one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We are sorry for the inconvenience you're experiencing with launching Adobe apps. Our team is aware of the issue, and it is a known issue.

As a workaround, please try removing all beta apps (especially Media Encoder Beta) and let us know if that resolves the problem.

For updates on the outage, please visit Adobe Status.

We will update this post once the issue is resolved. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, worked for me. THANKS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. Thanks for the confirmation. We'll update here once the issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean it's an 'outage'? 'Outrage' more like. When's it going to be fixed – I'm going to lose a client of this doesn't get sorted quickly – I've spent a frustrating day thinking it was a Mac issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Harshika, removing all of the beta programs (Media Encoder included) resolved my issue. PS, AI and IN up and running again, thankfully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. It worked for me as well. did update and remove the beta apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Now it works after I deleted beta programs.

Unfortunately, I wasted about two days of work and now behind on projects. I wish Adobe would invest much more in their technical support team so that subscribers like me can have access to help and issues like this can be resolved much quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe support and solved it on Mac by renaming the "Adobe" folder contained in "Library/Application Support" to "OLD_Adobe"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didn't work for me... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish it did but didn't work for me either. All it did was create a new Adobe folder. Maybe I'm missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We now have the same problem 7th Augt 2024 tried everything and they won't open - WHY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since this morning. Illutrator, indesign, Photoshop, Photoshop beta. Suddenly they crashed and when restarting they get stuck on the loading window. I have to force close it and nothing works. I uninstalled the apps, reinstalled. NOTHING!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have the same problem, started a couple of hours ago after force restarting the computer due to a sudden Windows blue screen error. After this InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop unable to start, gets stucked on start-up window. I have done all possible updates of system and reinstalling programs. However Premier and After Effects still works. Is this some wider problem and not just mine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe support and solved it on Mac by renaming the "Adobe" folder contained in "Library/Application Support" to "OLD_Adobe"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went into Library>Application Support and renamed the Adobe folder to OLD_Adobe but on launching InDesign all it did was create a new Adobe folder. So what am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Michael5ED9, 

If this setting isn't working for you, please try removing all beta apps (especially Media Encoder Beta) and let us know if that fixes the problem.

Thanks,

Abhishek rao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem since yesterday and spent way too much time on this until I came across this post.  Removing BETA apps worked for me.  Thank you for the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2024 Oct 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This also worked for me, I had the Aero beta installed. Upon uninstalling it, my software begun running. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started up my iMac 24 M1 this morning to find that all Creative Cloud apps open except InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop and Illustrator – in regular daily use except InCopy – which don't get beyond the splash screen and show the spinning beachball of death. I tried the shortcut command to replace Photoshop preferences on start up and also uninstalled and reinstalled. Don't know if it's much help but the splash screens for InDesign (Beta) and InDesign 2024 freeze at 'Starting up panels...'; Illustrator at 'Initializing plug-ins...PDFFormat.aip' and Photoshop at 'Adding extension... Halide Bottlenecks'.

Sometimes using Force Quit Applications, it says the system has run out of App Memory but Dreamweaver, for example, seems to work just fine.

Could it be a font issue even though I've loaded no new fonts for ages and always use Adobe Fonts anyway.

I'm at wit's end so if anyone has a clue as to what's going on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem since today...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here as the others have. PS, AI, IN unable to start, gets stuck on start-up window. Tried to start program in all of the different ways (opening file, start menu, creative cloud app). Problem started today  wed 07.08.2024 a couple of hours ago after force restarting the computer due to a sudden Windows blue screen error while using Premier. After the problem started, updated from windows 10 to 11, reinstalled AI (28.6) and IN latest, did not help, tried IN older versions (19.5), did not help. Please help, I have deadlines to catch up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue, IND start-up is getting stuck on "Loading Shortcuts". The problem started today, few hours ago after restarting computer. Upgraded from windows 10 to 11, did not help. Reinstalled programs, tried different versions, did not help.. Also PS and AI unable to launch. PR and AE working as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines