• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to launch Indesign Error : InDesign wont load because dependent plugins are failing to load

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just downloaded indesign and when i attempt to open it the app crashes. Says that it cannot open certain plugins because other dependent plugins failed to load. What does this mean and what is the remedy?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Advocate , Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Try temporarily emptying your (macOS) Applications > Adobe InDesign > Plug-ins folder. I like to make a Plug-outs folder for stuff like this. Then relaunch InDesign and see if that solves the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you? If not, I would request you to share a few more details along with the details asked above:

• OS and version of InDesign
  • Screenshot of the error

Also, I would suggest you try the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-indesign-third-party-plug.html), and If this doesn't resolve the issue, follow these steps (only windows machine):

1. Go to Control Pa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try temporarily emptying your (macOS) Applications > Adobe InDesign > Plug-ins folder. I like to make a Plug-outs folder for stuff like this. Then relaunch InDesign and see if that solves the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have had success with the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool that Eugene references above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nic5E24,

with InDesign 16.3 something fundamental for 3rd party plug-ins has changed.

Their source code must be compiled to a new version. Ask the maker of your 3rd party plug-in for an updated version.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you really have some 3rd-party plugins for Indesign installed?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble. I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you? If not, I would request you to share a few more details along with the details asked above:

• OS and version of InDesign
  • Screenshot of the error

Also, I would suggest you try the steps shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-indesign-third-party-plug.html), and If this doesn't resolve the issue, follow these steps (only windows machine):

1. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
  2. Right-click Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (2012-2017) and choose Repair.
  3. Reset InDesign preferences again.
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.
  4. Restart your computer and open InDesign.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines