Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open files with extension indd.icloud in InDesign on macOS

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

I really need help as I can't open my important InDesign file anymore. I tried it from the InDesign software and I tried from my Documents in Finder. The only strange this is that the document is named: ....indd.icloud and I don't understand why. But some of my documents have that and all of them won't open anymore. So for example name.indd works but name.indd.icloud doesn't work. But I can't change the name and I also don't know if that's really the problem. I added some screenshots but they are in dutch. Translation is something like:

Can't open the file. The file format may not be supported by Adobe Indesign, a plug-in for support is missing or the file is already opened in another application.

Can somebody help?

Schermafbeelding 2020-01-14 om 11.54.59.pngSchermafbeelding 2020-01-14 om 11.27.59.pngSchermafbeelding 2020-01-14 om 11.27.45.pngSchermafbeelding 2020-01-14 om 12.34.48.png

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me...now all of my files have mysteriously developed the indd.icloud extension and I can't take it of...any answer on this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much ! 
I don't know if you'll visit this page one day, but you are a true lifesaver ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines