Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to recognize Burmese/Zawgyi font installed in InDesign

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can someone please tell me how do I make Burmese/Zawgyi font recognize in indesign?

I am unable to find the .TTF file...

Please dont tell me to watch a video in another language.. I can barely speak english as you can see/read 😛

I have zero experience in indesign and I am doing this request on someone behalf.

Thanks

<Title renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

"This is in a windows environment."

Hi Leonardo,

I know that the bug report comes from a user on MacOS, but we also have reports that it can happen on a Windows machine as well.

So try to go back to InDesign version 17.1 or 17.0.1.

That's the issue with a font installed that is not showing up in InDesign, but can be seen with other applications.

The issue with copy text from a PDF opened with e.g. Acrobat Pro DC could be a bug with Acrobat Pro DC.

See the following discussion in German a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi leonardot6347935,

We are sorry for the trouble. It looks like you're experiencing a similar issue reported here. Please check, and if it's the same issue, then I would like to inform you that it's a known issue, and the engineering team is working on it to fix it as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned to the UserVoice page and add your vote for future updates.

Please let us know if this is not what you're experiencing.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Not the same issue.

This is in a windows environment.

When you copy Burmese text from a PDF into InDesign.... It displays :black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It displays squares (sorry android emojis do not display in here i guess)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This is in a windows environment."

Hi Leonardo,

I know that the bug report comes from a user on MacOS, but we also have reports that it can happen on a Windows machine as well.

So try to go back to InDesign version 17.1 or 17.0.1.

That's the issue with a font installed that is not showing up in InDesign, but can be seen with other applications.

The issue with copy text from a PDF opened with e.g. Acrobat Pro DC could be a bug with Acrobat Pro DC.

See the following discussion in German at hilfdirselbst.ch :

MAC: Copy/Paste fehlerhaft seit 20039
Seit der neuen Version "Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2021.011.20039" gelingt auf dem MAC (Catalina) das Kopieren/Einfügen aus PDF nach z.B. InDesign nicht mehr; Zeichen jenseits von ASCII wie "é" oder "ä" werden i.d.R. als Halbgeviert eingesetzt.

Nach einer Reihe von Tests verdichtet sich der Verdacht, dass ein Bug in den Acrobat hineingekommen ist, allerdings wie gesagt nur auf dem MAC.

Weiß jemand etwas darüber? Hat jemand evtl. einen Workaround?

Vielen Dank im voraus!
Rudi

https://www.hilfdirselbst.ch/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=582253#582253

The OP there states that he can see the bug on a Mac only, but I am sure that it can happen on Windows as well.

The workaround for this: Save the PDF to a Word or RTF file and copy from that. Or place the text.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not the same bug.

the font shows up on Adobe PFD, I can make it show up on word

Is there a special way to install fonts to show up in indesign? 

BTW inDesign version is 17.2x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi leonardot6347935,

Thanks for elaborating on the issue. Have you tried downgrading InDesign to the older version (17.0.1)? If not, please try and confirm if the issue persists in the previous version or not.

We will try our best to investigate it further.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines