• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save InDesign document. Error: InDesign is unable to save this file.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I've installed the latest update of Indesign 2020. I'm now experiencing problems in that if I open a converted version of an Indesign docment, make changes then try to save, it says "Indesign is unable to save this file. We tried, but it appears to be damaged." (See Indesign 2020 Fig. 1). I have tried to save a copy of my document and it says the same thing. I have even tried to create a new document in Indesign 2020, save it as a test before putting anything in it and again the same message, "Indesign is unable to save this file. We tried but it appears to be damaged." (See Indesign 2020 Fig 2).  Is it a bug in the new Indesign update? Do I uninstall it and reinstall Indesign 2019? Could someone please help me?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Hi Georgie,

So sorry to hear about this trouble. In addition to the suggestions shared above, you may also try moving the pages to a new document (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/pages-spreads-1.html) and see if that helps. Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 

If it is happening with multiple

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for reching out and sharing the solution that worked for you. I am sure it will help other community members. Can you confirm if you tried saving the file as IDML?

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines