• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Universally change document from World-Ready Paragraph Composer to regular Paragraph Composer

Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a document that was originally created in an Israeli version of ID. Each time I create a new text box, it defaults to right-to-left type. How do I universally change the document so any new text box that I create defaults to Paragraph Composer instead of World-Ready Paragraph Composer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Do you have the middle eastern version of InDesign installed, or the plain version?

If you have the plain version, and you're saying this only happens for a particular document, check what paragraph style is applied to the insertion point when you create a new text frame. Perhaps that paragraph style is set to be RTL?

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the middle eastern version of InDesign installed, or the plain version?

If you have the plain version, and you're saying this only happens for a particular document, check what paragraph style is applied to the insertion point when you create a new text frame. Perhaps that paragraph style is set to be RTL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. So you can either redefine that paragraph style, or set a different paragraph style to be the default by selecting a different paragraph style when you're not in text mode...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines