• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted Table Border

Engaged ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My document has a text table, for which I do not want any lines. I have said 'no' to column and row bordering, and have set table border weight to 0. However, when I export the document to PDF, a black border shows around the table. Would one of you please show me what setting I have missed, and how to get rid of the table border.

Best,

jwc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

I solved this by copying the table, creating a new blank page and pasting the table onto the new page. The unwanted lines did not carry over with the table.

Thanks for your help, all of you.

jwc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if you see the Table border in preview or presentation Screen mode of Indesign.

Enable Preview mode from menu > View > Screen mode > Preview.

If you see the border in preview mode as well than select the complete table in indesign from top left corner of the Table. Than set the Table border to 0 in Table Setup.

table-select.gif

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Choose the text tool
  2. Right click anywhere in the table
  3. Choose Select > Table
  4. Set your stroke value to None
  5. Use Vishuagg19's suggestion above to confirm that the strokes are indeed not there.

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can define the table border in one of two places: at the table level and also at the cell level:

• Table > Select > Table
  • Table > Table Options > Table Setup > Weight=0 and also
    InDesign CCss_011.png
  • Table > Cell Options > Strokes and Fills > Set Proxy > Weight=0. (For the proxy, leave the blue lines where you want to make a change, gray out the ones you want to leave alone.)
    InDesign CCss_012.png

Either one can add a border around the table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved this by copying the table, creating a new blank page and pasting the table onto the new page. The unwanted lines did not carry over with the table.

jwc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are seeing the black border only on the exported PDF, you may have a separate frame under a white element that is set to overprint. Does the frame appear in InDesign when you go to View> Overprint Preview? You also might have a separate frame on a hidden layer, and you are exporting a PDF using the All Layers option.

Edit, another possibility is you are exporting using the Include Acrobat Layers option, and viewing the PDF with something other than Acrobat or Reader, that is showing all layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jwc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines