• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Urdu Nastaleeq Font

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried lots of available nastaleeq fonts for Urdu in Adobe InDesign, some works well but distort some words, while same font in other apps like Microsoft Word doesn't have such problem, can anyone please help with this.

In Adobe InDesign:

urdu1.jpg

In Microsoft Word:

urdu2.gif

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

You're welcome

Please check your email. I've already sent you ID file with paragraph style "General 1"

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File deleted from this link.

can you again upload?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some words like 'کیجیئے' are distorted. I face the same issue Shibli please help me in this issue.

mehdi.zuhair@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone in this community care that Jameel Noori Nastaliq is based on stolen ligatures of Noori Nastaliq?

I am of a opinion that fonts based on Stolen property should not be used, promoted or supported on this site in any manor or form what so ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do care, and I'm sure many others on this forum do as well, but only when we receive a tip such as yours then I'd stop promoting a particular font.

I work in a company developing beautiful Arabic fonts that takes time and effort to make, so I'm very much aware about what you mentioned as "stolen property". Now it is up to the forum moderators to investigate this matter and take action if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Zaid,

Thanks for your reply, I am glad to hear that you do care, and hope that the moderators of all the boards on Adobe where Urdu is discussed take note of this.

To update you my father Late Dr. Ahmed Mirza Jamil invented the Nori Nastaliq font back in 1981, now I am the copyright holder of Noori Nastaliq font and ligature system and trying to ask people who are supporting Jameel Nooei Nastaliq font by discussing its usage or putting it on their website for distribution to should refrain from doing so.

I am just getting started into font development myself and am looking for information and help in bringing a Quranic font form the Quran my grand father wrote in the 60's.

We have printed this Quran couple of times, and now want to convert it into digital form.

I would really appreciate your guidance on how to go about doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly send me your email address via private message (don't post it here on the forum) so that I share it with my colleague… خدا حافظ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Zahid,

I am not sure how to send a private message.

Is this reply going to you directly?

If yes then I can send it to this.

Rgds.

Tariq

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 11:43 AM, Zaid Al Hilali <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Northstar7  wrote

… I am not sure how to send a private message.

Is this reply going to you directly?

If yes then I can send it to this.

Hi Tariq,

for sending private messages to someone you have to log in with your Adobe ID to the forums.

Then simply hover with your cursor over the name of the one you want to send the message to.
Then you'll find the button "Message".

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Laubender,

Thanks for the message, I did find, and did send the message,

Thanks for your help.

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 10:26 PM, Laubender <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is that really the same font as used with MS Word?
The rendering of at least one glyph looks a bit different…

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same (jameel noori nastaleeq) font, seems like Word handle it well while ID need more sophisticated font or maybe I'm missing something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Mac, just downloaded Nafees Nastaleeq font from this research centre in Lahore after reading their license agreement.

I got a better result than yours above but I had a bit of overlapping as you can see. Perhaps you need to give a try.

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 7.00.59 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Zaid, I tried all available nastaleeq fonts including this one, but its not serving the purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best Nastaleeq font on InDesign I've ever found was developed by Decotype and had to work through a special InDesign plug-in called Tasmeem. The control was phenomenon but you must invest

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 7.05.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 7.08.57 PM.png

Above are samples from Tasmeem catalogue which used to work on my older InDesign CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tasmeem's Nastaleeq font is bit different from Noori Nastaleeq (the one I need), I'm gonna give it a try. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you send me the Paragraph Style?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read it carefully. There's nothing in the Paragraph Style and you don't need one, only thing you need is latest Jameel Noori Nastaleeq (v3) font, don't ask for download link but Google it. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines