• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using AEM Content Fragments (JSON) in InDesign

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how it might be possible to import content stored in AEM's Content Fragments into an InDesign document? For instance, we keep a boilerplate text library in Content Fragments (multi-line text model) and I would like to be able to pull that text into a text frame within my InDesign document. I'm not a developer/coder, but I am thinking it may be a matter of scripting within InDesign to read the JSON from AEM and importing the content. Does this sound feasible? Any insights at all would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Scripting , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Since AEM Designer is based on XML, it might be something that can be done with that angle. However, Adobe FrameMaker has stronger XML features than ID does.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Brenton5E90, I'm going to chime in here, just because no else has.

I honestly don't know anything about AEM, so I'm not the right person to answer. I can say that what you are asking is quite possible via script (JSON is a very easy format to use) but the amount of work depends exactly on what it needs to do. It might be best if you specify your requirements a bit better. Ideally, show an example JSON Content fragment and the Indesign document after populating with the JSON data.

However, I was really expecting someone to just say how to do it natively in Indesign. I just assumed there was an established workflow for this. But I don't know anything about AEM, so I'm may be way off base.

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since AEM Designer is based on XML, it might be something that can be done with that angle. However, Adobe FrameMaker has stronger XML features than ID does.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines