• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video does not play after exporting it to pdf using InDesign

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, recently I added a short video to my project in InDesign MP4 H.264. Then Exported it to a interactive pdf and video does not work. Still it work in InDesign but when I Export to pdf and try to open it shows green line. What is the problem? To open it I use Adobe Acrobat DC.

test.png

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video in PDFs is always dicey. Is it essential you use PDF? Publish Online would be a much better option. Try publishing it using Publish Online and see what happens, anyway, as a troubleshooting step. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some great examples of Publish Online interactive projects. Lots of video! 😉

http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your reply. I need my video to work in pdf as a file. Is there any alternatives? Is someone from Adobe to help me with the topic? Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe will tell you the same thing that Diane did above, Videos no longer work in PDF. 

Check it out here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/native-video-playback-with-regards-to-end-of-life...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines