• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videos that are set to play on page load do not load after the project is published.

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I design and insert videos so they start automatically when loading the page it works correctly in preview.

However after publish online the videos do not start automatically.

How do I solve this problem?

See a sample:

https://indd.adobe.com/view/959225a0-1af8-4202-991d-be3072890a35

Thanks for listening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Some browsers will not allow video or audio to auto play. That, to me, is a good thing.

Design accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link is broken:

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 12.06.32 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd agree with Bob. I HATE autoplay and turn it off whenever possible.

I want to choose whether to play sound or video—not the person who posted the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There’s an extra http at the end of the link. You can just delete it and it will load the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some browsers will not allow video or audio to auto play. That, to me, is a good thing.

Design accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Picking up on an old thread I know but, while auto play is usually not a good thing there are time when it is necessary, for example I have a page with links (play buttons) to 5 videos, if I create the individual videos as object states I can add a video play action to the play buttons but the page load takes too long, therefore I have created individual document pages and changed the play button action to go to page, that means that someone clicks play, goes to the page and then has to click play again, not good! If play on page load is not possible it should not be an option in Indesign, it just frustrates and creates work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as Bob mentions, this is a security setting for many browsers. It can be disabled, but you can't count on your viewers to have done that. However, most browsers will put a big 'ole "Play" button on top of the video, so it's pretty obvious to click to play. For example, Safari on Mac shown here.

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 12.17.27 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your comments. The autoplay in my publications is for the videos that make the ad more interactive. It goes against the product I sell. Advertisers' ads can be placed without autoplay, but those that are moving ads if they don't autoplay it simply have no effect. On the first pages of the publication there is an art saying that the publication makes sounds and it is for the user to enable or disable PC sound to their liking. So support informed me if google chrome is up to date autoplay videos work completely. Anyway thank you very much to all for the instructions that were very valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Edge works well the publishing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any tips for an interactive magazine? So that readers have an experience of seeing products in action and also for companies to be interested in advertising. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the many excellent examples of interactive Publish Online docs here. The magazine "All In" makes some interesting use of ads.

http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Diane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines