• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Viewing an In Design Publish Online Doc on a Smart Phone

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are wanting to publish our next employee magazine as a digital Publish Online doc rather than print,which the majority of our employees will most likely be viewing on their phones, but these docs do not seem to rotate and enlarge the way a video or other types lansscape format content does (I am viewing on an Android device). If our employees have to zoom in on every bit of the page they will lose interest pretty quickly. I even downloaded one of the templates thinking maybe I just hadn't set mine up correctly.  Is there a setting somewhere to get the doc to re-orient when the phone is turned? I have been doing some pretty extensive searches and it doens't seem to be addressed anywhere.

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Perhaps I'm missing something in your question, but when I view a Publish Online document on my iPhone, it rotates when I rotate the phone. I'm looking at this Publish Online document, which includes samples of many other different (and pretty cool) Publish Online documents. http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The in5 InDesign plugin now offer responsive documents and, unlike Publish Online, you, or your customer, can host the document on their server:

https://ajarproductions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much for the fast reply Derek, but I am hoping to solve this in InDesign since it is an application I use quite often for all of our communicaiton materials and really don't want to have to pay another monthly subscription for just this one feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much Bard, I had seen that post prior to posting my queston. The responders are ntially recomneding a Word press site, not what I want, or the In5 plugin to create a responsive layout, not what I want either (nor an additional monhtly subscription to pay for). I just want my fixed landscape layout to rotate and enlarge when the viewer rotates their phone, just like a Youtube video will when you view it full screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't bother with upright and landscape versions of your magazine, just choose one, say portrait, and have the page size selected that's suitable for viewing on a smart phone. Keep to a simple single column design of text interspersed with headings and images and coloured panels (you can use some simple animations) and some hyperlinks to external sources of further information, YouTube videos etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek, not really looking to design anything simple...we are wanting something splashy and really dynamic. I have already created one for an audience who will be viewing on tablets and computers so we are wanting the same for phones....just need it to rotate, like a youtube video does when you click to view it full screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I'm missing something in your question, but when I view a Publish Online document on my iPhone, it rotates when I rotate the phone. I'm looking at this Publish Online document, which includes samples of many other different (and pretty cool) Publish Online documents. http://bit.ly/PubOnCollection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that is very interesting, I looked at some of those docs on my Samsung S10+ (you are right, they are pretty cool!) and none of them rotated, even after I held my phone in position for a wile, zoomed in, etc. So it is either an issue with Samsung's or Android devices in general. I'll have ot do a bit more testing by sending that link to some of my other teammates with different types of phone. Thanks SO much for sending that along Diane!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Just curious if you ever found a solution as I am having the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is two years old, can you elucidate please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

I am having a similar problem on my phone. The file does flip, but not in full screen view, so you can only see about half of the page and zooming in, etc is very difficult. Unfortunately full screen view is not supported for the mobile version. Makes it difficult to view the file on a mobile phone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines