• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welcome to the new InDesign community!

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are so excited to have you join us on your creative journey with InDesign.

My name is Sujatha Reddy and I am your community manager responsible for managing this community along with Om Nath Jha. My team and our community of experts will continue to guide and assist you as usual in this new space.

We hope you like the new experience!

If you have any questions or comments about this new community, feel free to post here. We are listening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi!
where are the old topics?
for example this - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/882333

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good real world example from 2011 - how a javascript can access localised strings provided by a plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, The older threads, which had no activities, have been archived. If there's anything specific which you want us to bring back, feel free to let me know. I'll try to get the content back. Please share the title of that thread, if you have it saved, so that I can check it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It"s a long time I stopped posting on the Adobe forums! … When I read your comment, the only thing I've in mind is: who are you to estimate older threads have no activities and have to be archived somewhere not allowing us to consult and use them! … 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find that particular thread with this link: https://www.google.com/search?q=inurl%3A%2F%2Fforums.adobe.com%2Fthread%2F882333 then click further thru Thread > Cache. I just fear that the Google cache won't last forever. Besides sadhog likely just brought it up as example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk, Nice!

I could export all my actual bookmarks in Safari, open the html export file in a text editor, run some simple F/R to modify the corresponding Adobe urls by adding: "https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:" at their beginning, save and reimport them!

… Just some minutes of work! But a quick test gives me only 20 bookmarks readable again on 26 tries!  ðŸ˜ž

Sure, maybe I'm going to send a bill to Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sujatha, 
I'm struggling a bit with the new ui. Where is the inDesign Scripting community? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling with the new ui here... Where is the InDesign Scripting community? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens to forum sub-categories?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to ask this, but my posts don't go through. lololol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of hard sub-categories, we're supposed to filter by the topic tags at the top of the forum, such as EPUB. That also means it works best if we remember to tag posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the tags are not available in the search results. It is not possible to search e.g. in the InDesign SDK "sub-category". And If you another search from the search results page the search contains all categories not only the e.g. InDesign category as set for the search before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, In the new community, you can select them as Topics on the right side. Please check the attached screenshot:

Screenshot_2.png

-Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As manymanylots of people have pointed out, you can not search, or filter with the topics, and you only are returned one page of results anyway. A forum with a broken search is pretty close to useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of us following the forum by email it would be helpful if the community name "InDesign" and the chosen sub-categories would make it into the email subject (or even better the sender), so we can apply email filter rules to pre-sort and archive. Keeping it short helps with reading the real subject. A typical tag would be "[InDesign SDK]". Furthermore it would be very helpful if we could specify an alternative email address, instead of just flooding the AdobeID address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Dirk. If you subscribe to more than one forum, it's impossible to know which forum sent the email you're reading. There MUST be a way to solve this simple problem, no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I posted a thread, but I don't see it listed. Do I need some kind of moderator approval?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started checking out new forum and have a few questions...

- Is there any way to customize interface. For example, in the conversation list, I would only like to see the subject line, is this possible to customize as a user preference?

- Is there an indicator for new responses?

- Is there a guide available that summarizes new features?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Here's a quick summary created by Pete for the Digital Imaging Community which you can check, it's almost the same for InDesign as well: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Photoshop/No-place-like-home-Check-out-the-New-Adobe-Digital-Imaging-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will older messages get restored at some time? Loss of the archive was a major pain when Webex was dumped in favor of Jive back in 2007, but apparently someone decided to repeat that mistake. Are countless hours of volunteer work discarded again?

For the InDesign user forums the cut off date appears to be in 2016. Yes, that also removes most of the long term relevant contents of the plugin SDK forum and a large share of scripts and scripting related knowledge from their forum.

As of the conversion today, all old InDesign forums combined report a total of 20,000 threads (not messages), with a majority from the user/general forum.

For comparison, even with its small audience, the InDesign SDK forum alone has lost about 15,000 messages (not threads) from the years 2003 thru 2007 (Scripting was about 32,000), including valuable contributions from the original engineers. In the early Jive years 2008 thru 2014 I count about 9,000 messages for SDK (already on the decline) and 54,000 messages in the scripting forum. Shall we consider those gone?

Unfortunately I can't provide the lower numbers of the more recent years because around that time I had given up fighting that Jive notoriously dropped my email subscriptions every few weeks. But you get the idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, when I get a hit on Google the link goes to the start page of https://community.adobe.com/

The link from google was:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1105581

Too bad 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you interested in syntax errors in general, or do you need Vamitul's particular solution? It was an error in the invoked JSX ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, you replied to my question... didn't get that before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested in getting access to all older threads here... how did you do to see what that thread was about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines